Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]

I don't get Benyamine doing a big hollywood act when Sammy raises, and then he just reraises himself. WTF does that accomplish? It just makes it more suspicious like he has a monster. (I get the reraise, but why the big hollywood act, it's so fishy)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes... an instant big re-raise would have been very deceptive.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't get Benyamine doing a big hollywood act when Sammy raises, and then he just reraises himself. WTF does that accomplish? It just makes it more suspicious like he has a monster. (I get the reraise, but why the big hollywood act, it's so fishy)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth is, its just about impossible to be deceptive when you know you are going to re-raise a big turn raise on a 3 flush board. You just have to hope you're against another big hand like an A-high flush or a set and that they can't get away from their hand anyway.

Once you put in a big re-raise the cat is out of the bag no matter how you were acting or how fast you did it.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can farha insta call Pa's all in with the flush draw when his overcards are probably not live. Ok on this occasion they were but generally PA's gonna have aces, kings, queens or a set when he moves all in. Move all in with that KQs there but don't call all in. Farha was in fact favourite but only marginally and profit should come from the fold equity from moveing all in not from a 53/47 coinflip, so he got what he deserved imo when patrick sucked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

pa bet 20k he raised to 100k... what do you want farha to do there? fold?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth is, its just about impossible to be deceptive when you know you are going to re-raise a big turn raise on a 3 flush board. You just have to hope you're against another big hand like an A-high flush or a set and that they can't get away from their hand anyway.

Once you put in a big re-raise the cat is out of the bag no matter how you were acting or how fast you did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. my point exactly ... there's nothing you can do there.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After that episode, I think that Jamie Gold is mildly retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was just on megatilt by that time, that is understandable. Jamie does have a very costly psychological problem that requires him to constantly seek approval from the great poker sharks, by playing at real high stakes with them.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold is just a LAG degenerate, I'm sure if he tightened up he wouldn't be that bad a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would lose more slowly, but he would still be a loser. Jamie's problems have little to do with how many hands he plays, IMO. I think he has a fundamentally flawed conception of how you bet and make money off of a hand.

I don't think Jamie's problem is that he's devoid of talent. IMO his problem is his bankroll and the fact that it didn't require any discipline for him to acquire it. He struck a once-in-a-lifetime motherlode. He didn't come up naturally, so he didn't earn the knowledge every player picks up on their climb towards the top.

Jamie should do one of two things:

1) Retire from professional poker. He can still play, but play purely recreational stakes where getting stacked would have no effect on his lively hood. Maybe he could play the WSOP ME annually as a novelty. I'm sure someone would sponsor him.

2) Go down. Waaaay down. Pretend he's starting from scratch. Hire any one of the fine coaches he could get on this very site and resolve not to play big stakes again until he can crush smaller games. If he's as talented as he probably thinks he is, he might be back playing HSP in a few years (and this time not as an inducement to get real pros salivating).

Unfortunately for him, I don't think his ego could handle either of those suggestions, and I seriously doubt he has the discipline to adopt the latter course of action. The truth is that he's functionally indistinguishable from Guy, Chamanara or Nasseri, only he doesn't know it; and that's very, very dangerous for him.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:29 AM

Patrik: "I have top jack"
Sammy: "I have AA afaik"
Antonio: "I'm gaye and I love you guyz."
Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 AM

Default HSP Comic

Here is my comic from this episode. Never as good as the first one ofcourse but gave it a shot anyway.

Hope the pictures don't mess up the thread to bad and you guys like it.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: HSP Comic

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my comic from this episode. Never as good as the first one ofcourse but gave it a shot anyway.

Hope the pictures don't mess up the thread to bad and you guys like it.

images

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the comment from Gold about Donkaments.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: HSP Comic

I love it!

Broght me a wonderfull minute of pure lough.

thx dude