Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 AM

Default 50/100 interesting river decision

foxwoods 50/100.. game is great obviously.

I have been playing relatively tight this session and havent won any monsters at showdown, mostly standard spots but with a strong image.

EP raises, CO calls, SB calls, i call BB w/ AcQs, (game is playing generally passive and i did not feel raising would really accomplish anything here considering my position and their relatively horrible post flop decision making.)

Flop KJ9

checked around

turn T

sb bets, i call, EP calls, CO calls rest fold

river K

sb bets, i call, ep folds, co calls

the CO in this hand is tommy.. a young foxwoods/AC reg and we were discussing the river and turn play for a little bit and i thought it was a pretty interesting spot.

just wondering if theres enough value to calling in both spots hoping to get overcalls behind on the turn.

the river play is also interesting b/c for my plan on the turn to work, i have to call again here. also, does the CO call 2 bets cold w/ just a Q enough to make a raise profitable? or is just calling gaining me extra value from hands he may fold for two bets?

for those of you whom know tommy he is very capable of laying down a hand and has a pretty decent hand reading ability when he is playing good, and this session he was very un-tilty and playing reasonably well.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: 50/100 interesting river decision

I'm confused, how many people see the flop? I think there's 4 but on the turn you say 1 person bets, 3 call, rest fold??
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Raise the turn like 5000000000000% of the time. You have the absolute nuts and you'll get a Q to coldcall and possibly 3bet the turn and Tommy coldcalled PF which means he has 8 high or worse.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:44 AM

I raise the turn hoping that just a Q will put in many many bets.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Since you didn't raise preflop, pretty hard for any of them to put you on A-Q. Thus a Q would be unlikely to fold for more than one bet fearing you have A-Q.

I don't quite understand why you have to call again on the river for your turn plan to work. Your turn plan already worked in that you got two calls behind.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM

FPS. Raise the turn, they'll still call.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 PM

cc on turn is more of an image thing. Prolly rasing in this situation is gonna be the line more than 90% of the time. CC the river too is a little skeptical I think u put in 3bets on the river with AQ so why not extract some value from a queen or maybe even AK if game is playing as usual with blind rich men
LOL
ship it anyway
peace
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn like 5000000000000% of the time. You have the absolute nuts and you'll get a Q to coldcall and possibly 3bet the turn and Tommy coldcalled PF which means he has 8 high or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
foxwoods 50/100.. game is great obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

when was this game going? i.e. what day was this from?

[ QUOTE ]

I have been playing relatively tight this session and havent won any monsters at showdown, mostly standard spots but with a strong image.

EP raises, CO calls, SB calls, i call BB w/ AcQs, (game is playing generally passive and i did not feel raising would really accomplish anything here considering my position and their relatively horrible post flop decision making.)

Flop KJ9

checked around

turn T

sb bets, i call, EP calls, CO calls rest fold

river K

sb bets, i call, ep folds, co calls

the CO in this hand is tommy.. a young foxwoods/AC reg and we were discussing the river and turn play for a little bit and i thought it was a pretty interesting spot.

just wondering if theres enough value to calling in both spots hoping to get overcalls behind on the turn.

the river play is also interesting b/c for my plan on the turn to work, i have to call again here. also, does the CO call 2 bets cold w/ just a Q enough to make a raise profitable? or is just calling gaining me extra value from hands he may fold for two bets?

for those of you whom know tommy he is very capable of laying down a hand and has a pretty decent hand reading ability when he is playing good, and this session he was very un-tilty and playing reasonably well.

[/ QUOTE ]

my experience w/ tommy is that if anything he is a bit too passive (bad UTG raised, 1 cold caller, i 3bet TT on the button he called QQ in the sb), but other than that a great player. i've never seen him tilt of get out of line, though to be fair my sample size w/ him is pretty small.

onto the hand: i think that if the turn was a T and there was instead of a 9 an 8 (KJ8 T) then i'd like your play more.

but given that there is a straight now on board, you are in a dream situation and imo at the time of the turn call i would expect anybody w/ a queen to call you down.

who was the sb? who was EP?

what would tommy simply call and then check the flop with and then simply call turn and river? i would not be surprised if he showed up here w/ QQ. i don't think he calls that river w/ less than a straight, and if sb is bad, i don't see how he can put you on AQ and fold for 2 bets if you raise a bad playing sb.

Barron
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM

I see Ears get out of line often, maybe it's just a random thing.

Some fun hands from Ears:

Tommy limps UTG everyone folds to SB who raises, BB folds Tommy 3bets SB calls
843r SB checkcalls
Turn J SB C/R
River 4 Tommy raises, SB calls
SB AJs
Tommy T9o