Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Live 40/80 at the Borgata

ive been playing loose aggressive for a couple of hours, 3-betting with hands like 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

So anyways UTG raises its folded around to me in MP and i 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], its folded around to button and he smoothies 3 and the UTG raiser calls as well.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, Check, i bet, call, call

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, button folds, UTG raiser kind of does a little act and raises, i call

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he raises, what do i do here?

Background on the UTG raiser: He's a loose passive old guy who has peeled 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flops 5 handed with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and when he hit his 2 outer Jack on the turn doesnt bet turn or river with he best hand. Ive almost never seem him check raise not to mention both the turn and river.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Live 40/80 at the Borgata

Interesting spot. I'd normally just call here against opponent described, since he can easily be full...TTT, QQQ, 333 all fit his plays...J9h is the only hand that makes sense for his play that you beat, yes? Does he really check-raise the turn AND river with AQ?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:00 AM

Also, this player seems unlikely to raise J9h or 33 preflop, but TTT makes perfect sense. QQQ too, since passive types might not cap preflop with QQ. QK is very possible too, and QT is a more distant possibility. I just see fewer hands that you beat that he plays this way than oness that beat you, so I definitely call.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 AM

When the turn came a T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i figured i had to bet even though i think i wouldnt have bet any other Ten on the turn witht he 2 cold callers on the flop, but the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i figure i could withstand a checkraise. When he check raised me i kenw i was in trouble and needed to catch up, i actually put him on TTT, when he checked the river after C-R-ing the turn i thought maybe AJ or K10, so i thought i had to bet even though i considered checking behind, when he raises the river i figured there was no hand that was C-R-ing me that i could beat and i just folded, he said "nice fold" but that doesnt mean anything. I think most of the time im supposed to pay him off that one bet into that decent sized pot, but i figured there was nothing i could beat and saved a bet.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the time im supposed to pay him off that one bet into that decent sized pot, but i figured there was nothing i could beat and saved a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ive been playing loose aggressive for a couple of hours, 3-betting with hands like 6 8 and 5 7 .

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 PM

The act on the turn leads me to believe that he has the nuts. The passive borgata guys are actually really erratic. A lot of them will do random things like this a lot that are completely out of character. I would at least call. 3 betting and folding to a 4 bet is probably optimal, but I never have the stomach to do this.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:16 PM

I call here but I am liberal on calling rivers for a bet. Unless I'm almost positive I'm beat which seems like you were. Saving bets is a good thing but any chance that he might have just held AJs spades or clubs and made his str8 on the turn? Maybe I'm reaching
Old 04-15-2007, 01:38 PM

3 betting is def out of the question(check raised twice), i dont think he would do this with AJss, i think he would just bet out the river with that, instead of check raise when the board pairs, but it is a possibility because he is a bad player, from a good player this is an easier fold, but from a bad player its hard to know what they're thinking because they overplay their hands so much, i dont regret the fold but i def think its a tough spot
Old 04-15-2007, 02:36 PM

Yeah the pot is too big to fold IMO unless you're against a total rock. I'd call, and I think every other option is way off. FWIW, I would have bet the river as well after being checked too almost every time.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM

i think folding is a viable option.... calling probably best... this is a 3 broadway paired board by the river... if he has AJ he's more apt to c/c than c/r....