Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ever tell your dad that you love him?
yes 208 66.67%
no 104 33.33%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Your opinion of OSU - UM game

that hit was particularly vicious and reckless
Old 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UM homers, have you noticed how there isnt a single person with your POV who isn't a UM fan? at what point do you stop and say, um, wow, maybe i am being retardedly biased here?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol circulardefinitionaments

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are some of the sorest losers ive seen on this board. there are plenty of people who can (and did) watch this game fairly objectively. they are all saying you guys are wrong. what does this tell you?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:21 PM

How are we sore losers? Are you seriously retarded. Most have said tOSU is very good but we would like a 2nd chance, if we don't get one so be it but I don't think many will argue that Michigan could easily be the 2nd best team in the country.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Does anybody know what was up with the turf last night? I know that OSU players probably slipped as much as the UM guys, but on quite a few big plays Michigan defenders were slipping all over the place. It was frustrating.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UM homers, have you noticed how there isnt a single person with your POV who isn't a UM fan? at what point do you stop and say, um, wow, maybe i am being retardedly biased here?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol circulardefinitionaments

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are some of the sorest losers ive seen on this board. there are plenty of people who can (and did) watch this game fairly objectively. they are all saying you guys are wrong. what does this tell you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha wowowowow that's a pretty dumb statement.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok...side note

if the MIchigan player is not flying head first towards Troy Smith, do you think Troy misses the guy wide open for the first down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...yes? If Shawn Crable cranes his neck up about 15 degrees and leads with his shoulder pads instead of his face mask, does that really make a difference? I understand why referees are instructed to call that foul every time, but it's not as if it was a particularly vicious or reckless hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are way off and clearly biased. it was an obvious penalty. he hit the qb late and clearly on the helmet. whats to argue? sure, it sucks for such a stupid play to have such crucial impact on a game but thats sports. as an osu fan i wasnt really happy for such a gift but i cant imagine how anyone can say it was undeserved without being a sore loser.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody know what was up with the turf last night? I know that OSU players probably slipped as much as the UM guys, but on quite a few big plays Michigan defenders were slipping all over the place. It was frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason, too many teams insist on grass instead of athletic turf

Eventually, everyone will end up like the Patriots and admit that the synthetic turf is the way to go North of the Mason-Dixon.

Heinz field for the Pitt/W VA game was much worse
Old 11-19-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

osu rigged the turf so the um guys slipped obv. i also heard they payed off the refs.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They just replaced it (again) in the last two weeks. It certainly affected the game, although I don't know that it affected the outcome. By that I mean I think it gave both offenses an advantage, as I think you can get better footing if you know where you are going. It did seem like more Michigan players slipped, but whatever, them's the breaks. Both teams played on the same field. Maybe bad turf favors one team's style over the other, maybe not. It's pointless to speculate about so I won't.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:34 PM

mt2r, why do you prefer turf? i thought it caused more injuries.