Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: small pairs UTG and UTG+1 NL25 & 50

Not saying that I do this regullary, but here was the basic thesis (late into a long live session). The belief is that people are becoming more aware and resilient to the late position raise-cbet-steal action-making it a little harder to play. Also because so many people are trying to steal limp pots-more people are limping with monsters-making post flop play very interesting. But with the average player becoming more position aware, a UTG preflop raise looks more intimadating, along with a double barrel cbet. (it seems that in live games, they call the flop and fold the turn).

Of course with that said, I still play a very tight game OOP.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always been a limp/caller with these since that is the way NLTAP suggests, though it seems i'm in the negative with PP's from UTG and UTG+1. Maybe i'll try the more aggro route for awhile and see how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not correct. NLTAP adviced this with 70BB stacks if I remember correctly

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I guess it depends, but online you are quite often dealing with stacks ranging from 50 to 150 and i'd say if anything on average the stacks are below 100 BB and 70 BB might not be a bad guess at the average. OOP you really don't know who will call so you don't know what the effective stacks will be for sure.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:48 PM

i love playing against people that limp/call small pps utg. free moniez.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The only big problem I can see with the aggro route is you will likely be reraised possibly needing to fold against the hands you have the best implied odds against, AA, KK, QQ, etc. Maybe this isn't so bad as I think though if the villian's don't size their 3 bets correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find at nl25, nl50, and live home games, players do not correctly size their 3bet and I am often given the implied odds to hit a set. This is even better because the pot has started growing PF so getting all in on the flop becomes even easier.

in LP i like to raise the limpers, u pick up a lot of pots that way cos they lay down on the flop when they dont hit a set/draw since thats the kind of cards folk at these stakes r limping with. easy for me to get away from too.