Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: What are the top pros worth?

i'd guess alot of their "expenses" of hotels, travel and etc. is paid for via sponsors...which as a person in a marketing field, i have to wonder why full tilt continues to pay everyone to wear their logos at the WSOP and other events, are there poker players who have never heard of full tilt?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is from Hendon mob poker database...I suspect that these guys are worth at least 5x as much because of cash games.

Antonio Esfandiari <- 2,790,274
Sam Farha <- 2,085,965
David Benyamine <- 1,144,122 online last year he made at least another 1,000,000
Patrik Antonius <- 2,683,442
Guy Laliberté <- billionaire
Jamie Gold <- 12,170,024 because of taxes and settlements 7 million
Doyle Brunson <- 5,277,782 thats just from tourneys 20 million + with cash games, investments and books.
Barry Greenstein <- 5,374,998 at least 20 million + also

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to understand is that not everyone wins in cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these guys are excellent cash game players, one person on Rounders the Poker show said Antonio may be the best NL player in the world at this point. Sam Farha wins in PLO and is probably the best in that also. Who in this lineup besides Gold and Guy doesn't win in Cash games???

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter, you're not going to win every cash game session you play.. and probably not even 3/4. Poker is a game of luck. You can push all in preflop with AA and lose to AK .. it's the way of the game.

And if you're one of the most successful poker players, you're going to be playing against the best. So it's basically who is luckiest in any given session. And that's where people who have not played Poker for a long time see. I mean even Doyle himself confessed he's been broke 100+ times in his poker career. I'm sure he's referring to being 'poker broke' but that just goes to show the amount of variance you see after a long time.

At the stakes the best players play, it's not odd to lose half a million in a weeks time, or more. So then even having winning sessions only means you're breaking even.

I think the only real successful poker players are those who play a very limited time and also limit themselves to a buy-in or two at a time (ala Phil Ivey).

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM

I'm an accountant for 3 poker players and here are their net worths

Haralabos Voulgaris: $767,225.18
Temperence Hutter: $216,554.48
Huckleberry Seed: $898,223.70

Actually Huck still owes me $1700 from doing his taxes this year, so make that $896,523.70.

Huck, if you're lurking...please pay me.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't "BloodsweatandTears" Say that in order to play comfortably you need 100 buy ins. 500k x 100 = 500million BR. I guess everyone is under rolled for this game besides Guy Laliberte. Doyle is right!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stupid. You *MIGHT* need 20 buyins if you are +EV in this game. If you are -EV of course you need infinite.

You only need 20 because all the all-in situations are run 2-3 times. Also, the game plays 300bb deep. The online games you are comparing it to are 100bb and you still would never need 100 buyins at any level. assuming you are a winner in those games.

10 mill is enough to play in this game.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm lazy, but I was thinking top 20 MTT online players, top 20 online cash players, top 20 live players to start with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the top 20 MTT players online are worth 2 mil+?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 AM

antonio esfandiari is definitely below 3-4 mil, since those 1.7 and change mills he won along with his WPT title were quite much for him (he actually said, he didn't have to worry about money anymore). Doyle is doing fine, above 20-25 mills i guess, DB is short, apparently - he owes Eli something like 2 mills on props (mentioned by Eli on PAD), payed only like 400k so far. PA is good, above 10, that's for sure, as well as Daniel. Mmm... Barry - he wears horrible shirts, so i guess he hasn't been doing great of late [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sammy - big swings for him, like 2-5(7) mill. Jamie is not worth more than 3 or 5 mills, for sure. Gus, as far as i know, is staking other players, so he might be short these days as well.. Ivey is rly good - gotta be 10+, judging by how he is running in chinese and all. That's about it, just my guesses. One more thing, i can bet my arm that all these players without exception, don't have all this cash on their bank accounts. Gotta be invested, around 60-80% of their fortunes (i remember Sammy asking Daniel whether he was playing his own money, and I really doubt Daniel has gone broke)
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lot of blah blah about this 500k buy-in game but it isn`t much different then the last few episodes of the last season.

The blinds are the same (with mandatory straddle but players were straddling most of the time every season so far anyway)

There was over 4mill at the table last season.
Brad - 1 mill, PA 500k , Ivey and David 300k each etc etc.

The only thing out of ordinary in next week game is the rich fish and I`m sure all of the Pros will be gunning for him and stay out of marginal situations against each other.

I think it`s silly to bring such a great source of income like Guy and humiliate him on TV when he is losing millions to them online and live already.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh how right! Guy has been a big loser so far and humiliated greatly! you headfuck! why cant he play, he has the money to and wants to and wont affect him so he should be allowed to play. its like when you deposit 10$ online, you know you wont win cause you suck, but it is just fun for you
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 mill is enough to play in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure bankroll requirements are alot more at 500KNL then at regular online limits

to risk 5% of your entire net worth when its multimillion is dumb...its not like its a table full of guy and jamie...its them two and then the rest of the table is tough...sammy is clearly trying harder and not as big a fish as in the 100K game...antonio must be staked as there is NO way he could afford this game
Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 AM

Don't under estimate how rich these people have gotten from these poker sites and especially the ones that went public.

O'Malley just showed you a picture of his box of money he got from when Partypoker went public. He has more money than almost everyone listed in this thread only bc he was willing to take a chance to go to work for them early on.

The same can be said for Hellmuth, Russ Hamilton, Sexton, Duke and the FTP people.

These people didn't get rich playing poker.

They got rich by selling the fantasy of getting rich by playing poker.

"They put up a bunch of ugly boxes, and Jesus, people bought em. They called it paradise, the place to be"
Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://alwaysbluff.com/poker/blogs/

This is from Beanie's blog on alwaysbluff.com

"there was a thread on 2+2 about the collective wealth of poker players at the highest levels. As I was reading it I realized that people have no idea at all. There is a well known player that by most accounts has a bankroll over 10 million, yet he is broke. But he has 10 million on paper that is owed to him."

who do you think he is refering to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Matusow?