Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Theory

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys who c-bet when you miss and check when you hit, um, you realize that's terrible right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible how exactly?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 PM

claunch,
why? i doubt our ranges will be so narrowed and face up when we check. plenty of regs will also bluff to a check in rr-ed pots. plus, we shouldnt be betting 100% of the time anyways.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Jesus, you guys 3-bet a lot. I think I'm more likely to fold a lot of those hands than 3-bet them. Food for thought for me.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no i will not be exploited at 1/2

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not comfortable playing extremely exploitably against almost all of the 1/2 regs, move up to where they respect your raises or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I don't get your post? Normally you're NEVER sarcastic, so I don't really get it.

I'm saying that people at 1/2 aren't good enough to exploit me if I'm 3 betting OOP with marginals a lot.

So, you're saying I should move up to where they fold too much? They do that now fwiw.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
claunch,
why? i doubt our ranges will be so narrowed and face up when we check. plenty of regs will also bluff to a check in rr-ed pots. plus, we shouldnt be betting 100% of the time anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, yeah, checking is fine sometimes as long as you c/f a fair amount of the time when you miss.

I just saw more than one response that had the default action of c-betting every flop they miss and checking when they hit, which is just dumb.

Something vaguely close to a good frequency would be c/f the missed hands like 40% or so (more often on non-A-hi flops imo), c-betting the other 60%. Mostly c/cing Ax, occassionally b/cing against a trickier/more aggro reg. Almost always leading with 88.

Also, what ikes said, it's totally possible/often-preferable to call and do something postflop to win the hand.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM

I have no idea how to quote, but jesus I want to quote ike right now. Christ almighty what do you guys NOT 3 bet oop. LEARN HOW TO CALLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how to quote

[/ QUOTE ]
lol noob
Old 10-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Texan
Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, you guys 3-bet a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no i will not be exploited at 1/2

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not comfortable playing extremely exploitably against almost all of the 1/2 regs, move up to where they respect your raises or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I don't get your post? Normally you're NEVER sarcastic, so I don't really get it.

I'm saying that people at 1/2 aren't good enough to exploit me if I'm 3 betting OOP with marginals a lot.

So, you're saying I should move up to where they fold too much? They do that now fwiw.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.. I thought you were saying you were trying to be unexploitable by betting almost every hand in your range on that flop--which is def the unexploitable play given your pf range vs. the caller's pf range. You should be checking Ax on that flop.. not close.