Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Short chicago trip report

Left on friday night at about 5pm, I got to bed about 5am the morning before, and woke up about noon. I wasnt feeling too good on the drive up, but pounded water and gatorade the whole way. I didnt piss once, I guess I was that dehydrated. Got up to chi-town, going to meet some friends at some bar, long line around the block, went up to the bouncer with a 50, told him I was there for sarah's bday party. He took the 50, and said sorry, there was no party for sarah. WTF!!!! so I snatched the 50 back out of his hand, and walked away, while my friend just died laughing. We met some other friends that were in town, at some irish bar, I felt quesy and started sweating real bad, then tony larussa put scott speizio in to pitch and I had to go back to the hotel room because I felt sick. I left my buddy at the bar, 4 am rolls around, I am awoken to pounding on the door, my idiot bud forgot his room key, I open the door, and he just falls in through the door, I leave him there after I get the door closed. Next morning I find out he got in a fight, and had cops chasing him, he lost them somewhere near the weber grill. Saturday was much more fun, we did a little shopping on michigan, then we hit up some pawn shops , bought some random crap.

we went over to taylor street to get a sandwhich, I got salami, ham, fresh mozz, tomatos, and olive oil. One thing that STL has on chicago is that our italian area is way better.

Saturday night reservations for 8 o clock at carmines. we get there about 7:15 intending to do some drinking, turns out that 1. the AC didn work, and 2. it didnt matter as there were abotu 8 million people at the bar sweating all over eachother 3. they put us down for 9 oclock reservations. I go up to the hostest (who were all smoking) adn asked if there was a bar somewhere near where we could grab us a drink, she said, ya right there, and pointed to the bar, I reply "no, like, a bar with some AC, so I dont get some 50 year old guys sweat in my manhattan". she said, you know what, go up stairs ask for paulo, and he will seat you right away. Walk upstairs where it is about 30 degrees cooler, and get seated asap, it was sweet.

dinner-

apps-

half dozen oysters- great, but you cant really [censored] up fresh oysters

eggplant rotolo- amazing, the blend of cheeses was perfect, and the sauce was suprisingly good

had about 4 manhattans spread throughout the apps

main course-

18oz lamp chops, and robert mondovi 2004 merlot- decent, nothign crazy, but the basil sauce was a little much imo, as I just like straight meat w/ very little sauce

dessert- 2 zambuca's

then we went to an uneventful house party

then we went downtown to jilly's too, which is a hangout that a friend told me about. this place was sweet, even though I puked up all my dinner in the bathroom, I had a good time. The bathroom attendant took better care of me than my mom would, gave me some scope, gum, a mint, wiped my brow off, and watched the door as I did a little toot in the stall to recover from teh puking.

leave jilly's to hail a cap, Im sitting there, talking with some locals, when a feel a finger go up my butt. Figuring it was my buddy messing with me (standard) I didnt thing anything of ituntil I saw him across the street at an ATM, so i spin around, and its some 80 year old toothless bag lady, she starts molesting me, etc. It was [censored] up, the two guys I were talking to were about 50, and they said that she has been doing that for about 30 years. weird.

Edit: I forgot that we stopped at the hancock, went up to the signature lounge, there was a long line, that we just walked right passed, I told the door guy I was meeting a party that was already there, he set up a table right next to the window, 2 drinks and 30$ later, and seeing the lack of nice tail we jet.

hit up the cro bar, and then aces. chicagoans need to revamp their strip club laws.

saw many many hot chicks.

On the drive home, in the middle of bum [censored] illinois, the traffic gets fairly congested, after having to deal with no traffic whatsoever, this was a concern. So I speed up, do some maneauvers to see what the deal is. It is a two lane road, in the left lane I see a motorcyclist, and in the right a camry, in front of them I see no one, not a single person on the road. So I tailgait the motorcycle a little so I can get back up into the 70s at least, then I see the camry slows down to let me pass, so I shoot over into the right lane, right as I am about to pass the bike, and get back into the left lane, the bike turns on his lights, he was a cop. He didn pull me over though, he just would let me pass him, every time I tried EVEN THOUGH I WASNT SPEEDING, he would turn on his lights. this peice of [censored] just wanted to show off his dick I guess. So after about .5 miles of wanting to pull my hair out, I "thought I saw a drunk driver, on the other side of the highway"...my buddy also saw it, and we called in a drunk driver heading northbound on 55. about 2 minutes later, the cop turns on his lights, speeds up, and gets off the highway.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Short chicago trip report

[ QUOTE ]
The bathroom attendant took better care of me than my mom would, gave me some scope, gum, a mint, wiped my brow off, and watched the door as I did a little toot in the stall to recover from teh puking.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did you tip him?

CAPPYAA, werent we just talking about this?

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bathroom attendant took better care of me than my mom would, gave me some scope, gum, a mint, wiped my brow off, and watched the door as I did a little toot in the stall to recover from teh puking.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

20$, I didnt have anything smaller, and didnt really care about cash at this point.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

20$, I didnt have anything smaller, and didnt really care about cash at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to thread rape you, but I commonly overtip these guys ($5 to $20 depending), cause they usually have incite to "other" things I need, plus I know I wouldn't want to be them on a Friday or Saturday night.

good story g.

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 01:39 PM

If Im at my usual stomping grounds, I tip them anywhere from 1$ to 20$, depending on who it is (yes, I know most of the bathroom attendents in east st louis, and st. louis by name and vice versa). these are the guys you want to treat well.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Short chicago trip report

[/ QUOTE ]
Thread title is misleading. Good post though, but how teh hell did you not realize it was a cop on teh motorcycle when you were halfway up his ass?

EDIT: to change "the" to "teh" so guids would recognize the word.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Short chicago trip report

[/ QUOTE ]
Thread title is misleading. Good post though, but how the hell did you not realize it was a cop on the motorcycle when you were halfway up his ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a really weird bike, it wasnt big, and I didnt notice that his brown shirt matched his brown helmet exactly, until his lights flicked on. and his lights you couldnt even see unless they were on.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM

You are correct: the Hill is much better than Taylor Street.

Were you at Tilli's? On Halsted in Lincoln Park? If so, that homeless molesting lady was up much farther north than she usually is. She ninja-grabbed my junk when I was waiting for dinner with a bunch of co-workers once. I told her, "you touch it you buy it" but she didn't seem amused.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Lots of old people at Jilly's, but cool club if you're into that sorta thing.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:05 PM

I will be doing the oppo trip from up here in Chicago to St Louis in mid August to hit the local bars In St. Peters along with the Ameristar and Harrahs...sorry you got so sick dude. Theres alot to do in the city if you are here for more then a weekend. I am assuming you are talking about Springfield when talking about cops, and congestion...