Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: What limits should i play at?

Thanks for the advice guys!

Have been killing the $5 and $10 tourneys on stars, and thought i needed a couple of books, so i am doing everest poker, and decided to play $ instead of tourneys, as it would take my entire lifetime to clear the bonus playing tourneys

Am getting bashed from pillar to post at nl 50, and 25. Yes, i have made a few stupid calls.

Have suffered bad beat after bad beat after bad beat, and had a few set over set fiascos with me being undetsetted.

The strange thing is that there are really bad players on the table, but i seem to keep running into and butting heads with the good ones.

Am just going to play it tight, clear my bonus and get the hell out of there!

My current thought is that the n50 players here are somewhere just better than the $10 tourney players on stars, which is kind of my level of skill.

Problem is, you hit a set, and dont really win all that much, and if the money goes in, and you are called, i am usually beat.

I think my game is too overly reliant upon FE, particularly at certain blind levels.

I just got to tighten up, and then use position more. At least these guys arnt ever rr me pf, so i KNOW i can kill them, its just a matter of fixing my brain and game a bit!

Have read through the stickies a few times before (when learning tourneys) and it kind of all went in.

Strangely, my pt stats are about the same for $ and tourneys, except for all the red ink on $, and green plastered all over the tourneys!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: What limits should i play at?

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, you hit a set, and dont really win all that much, and if the money goes in, and you are called, i am usually beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just short term variance. Sets are by far your biggest money maker in NL-cash and you should always aim to get the money in.

[ QUOTE ]
I think my game is too overly reliant upon FE, particularly at certain blind levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of money in FE at ssnl, it's just that you need to pick your spots. At first, I'd only go for FE when you c-bet HU in pos after raising pf and when you have huge draws. Don't double/triple barrel and don't go for too many c/r bluffs on the flop or turn. Mostly give up on the pot if your c-bet gets called/raised and you have no hand/draw. Also, try to learn when you should not c-bet (dry vs wet flops, position, multiway pots etc).

Mostly, at NL25-NL50 just play solid hands in position (try to avoid oop as much as possible), and then bet for value.

When you reach NL100+ you can start 3betting TAGs light, floating them, c/r bluffing dry K-hi flops, double barrelling when you think they have a small pp that can't take too much heat etc. But only vs the right players and with the right reads.