Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - Full Ring - PokerStars - Beatable?

Oh, I see now. We never really played a hand though. Oh well.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 AM

Yeah, I've played a lot of hands with JC, and I don't think he is a 2+2er. I think his game is a little more passive than the typical 2+2er, but I could be wrong. He is pretty solid, so I don't mess around much in his pots, so if I am playing with him, I probably have some real values. I think we have a kind of uneasy truce. After some initial battles a while back, I don't think either of us, pays the other one off very often. I know I've abused that a little bit, and I suspect that he does too.

Anyway, there was one funny hand a couple of weeks ago. There is a limpfest, and someone raises, so it is 6 ways for two bets, and the flop comes 974 or something like that. I have sevens.

Anyway, JC bets the flop, it comes around to me, and I raise, and then he threebets. Anyway, when the field saw the two of us going to war on the flop, they all scurried out of the pot, like cockroaches in sunlight. After I got done laughing at that, I thought about the hand, and decided that it had to be set over set, and just went into calldown mode.

I remeber that he did have a set, and I don't remember being dissapointed that I didn't get more value out of the hand, so I think he did have the 9s, or whatever top set was.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 AM

Is it normal for it to take almost 5 minutes to pull up your ring stats on PokerTracker?

370k hands and over 1.5. Not as good as Party where before the exodus of US players I was at 2.42 but Stars is still beatable. Full Tilt I have 7008 hands total so can't comment.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it normal for it to take almost 5 minutes to pull up your ring stats on PokerTracker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you convert to postgresql? Access database will be slow for that many hands.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 AM

What time frame are those hands from? I would be interested Oct 2006 and on. Back in the day like 2003-2006 I think the game could be beat for a heck of a lot more.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 AM

I doubt if this game is beatable long term for 1.5bb +, not for me anyway, but I find it to be worthwhile playing.

Game selection is critical.

JC is not so tough. You just have to figure his read on you and play off that. Cubsfan is tougher.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JC is not so tough. You just have to figure his read on you and play off that

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I doubt he is 2+2 based on his preflop play and blind defense numbers. Don't get me wrong, he is good/solid etc, but there are others that cause me more problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is critical

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. And even seat selection is pretty critical imo, at least for my style. When there is only one or 2 loose, bad, laggy, etc, type players at a table, having them on my right dramatically increases my edge (unless of course that player is "theironpoker", in which case he will automatically take all of my monies..as I have said before [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ); while having them on my left puts me in a lot of crappy spots and my suckiness shines through. I will switch pretty often if I don't like my seat even at a good table.

--Rico
Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. And even seat selection is pretty critical imo, at least for my style. When there is only one or 2 loose, bad, laggy, etc, type players at a table, having them on my right dramatically increases my edge ... while having them on my left puts me in a lot of crappy spots and my suckiness shines through. I will switch pretty often if I don't like my seat even at a good table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. A crappy seat in a great game, is still a crappy seat.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM

hmm, the popularity and content of this thread makes me think that I was wrong about us not needing a stars/ft regs thread
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM

not to hijack guys, but i have been out of the whole LHE scene for a couple years. I took about 1.5yrs off from online, then just got back and was focusing on NL. Well I just started playing some 2/4 again and am curious where the juicy 2/4 fr games have gone, I am playing on PS and there is barely 5 games at a time...