Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: UFC 74 Thread

Kos has nowhere near the tools of GSP. Kos ran into someone stronger than him for the first time. Looking forward to Diego getting his revenge or at least coming out like a wild man this time v Kos.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:00 AM

GSP looked real good. Awesome fight.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:32 AM

gg GG.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Coutre wins, round 3 TKO.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM

I am really impressed with how quickly Couture has gone after his opponent in the last two fights. He's quick as hell and uses that ridiculously well to get a big first shot in. I never feel bad for the losing fighter, but gonzaga was getting so [censored] up I was just praying it would be over quickly. Excellent planning + insane conditioning and talent prevails again.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am really impressed with how quickly Couture has gone after his opponent in the last two fights. He's quick as hell and uses that ridiculously well to get a big first shot in. I never feel bad for the losing fighter, but gonzaga was getting so [censored] up I was just praying it would be over quickly. Excellent planning + insane conditioning and talent prevails again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couture is a beast. The way he just completely controlled such a large and dangerous fighter like Gonzaga was amazing. I thought that fight was going to be much more competitive, and I admittedly gave a slight edge to Gonzaga, but Couture proved me wrong yet again.

I was also extremely impressed with GSP. He took Kos down and made it look easy, which is no simple feat. The fact that he was able to stuff Kos' single leg attempt was awesome too. Kos is so cocky about his wrestling and was talking [censored] about GSP's wrestling and got taken to school. There's no doubt that GSP is the #1 WW in the world right now.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 AM

Sick fight. I'm not heavy into UFC, but I was impressed with the main event. Does anyone else think it kinda sucks Gonzaga was bleeding from an "incidental" head to head collision and not a hard right or left? I'm just use to boxing and when that happens it changes the whole fight, not sure how UFC fans or judges look at this. I guess its just whatever, if it wasn't intentional... keep on fighting.

I give Gonzaga credit for holding on as long as he could.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 AM

Wasn't able to watch but read all the summaries. I wonder who's next in line to challenge Coutoure...possibly Cro Cop if he wins on 8 SEP?

GSP kicking ass was a given. After Hughes beats Cerra, I can't wait to see the rubber match between Hughes and GSP. Maybe Hughes will learn from the last match and try to get their 3rd fight on the ground.

My dream match is to have Randy drop down to 205 and fight Rampage to once again unify the HW and LHW titless...that would be an absolutely sick fight.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't able to watch but read all the summaries. I wonder who's next in line to challenge Coutoure...possibly Cro Cop if he wins on 8 SEP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word on the street is that if CroCop wins, the UFC will have him rematch Nog for #1 contender. I don't think a win over Kongo is really enough to redeem CroCop after getting brutally KOed, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if the UFC decided to give him an immediate shot after beating Kongo. I'm holding out hope that the UFC signs Fedor in time for him to fight Randy at the end of the year show. But more realistically, I don't think we'll see Randy fight again until early next year because it may take that long to sign Fedor or for Nog or CroCop to be ready after their fight. Regardless, I think Randy's nest opponent has to be either Nog, CroCop, or Fedor. Giving anyone else a title shot would just not be legitimate.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 AM

Noting against Randy (I am a big fan of his), but I was hoping he would retire after this fight.

Not sure if he can beat a Fedor or CroCop or Nog.

And really was hoping MMA could use the exposure of his win/retirement to announce an 8 man tourney. Which I assume would end with CroCop/Fedor/Nop/Arlovski (maybe Vera), which would be fun as hell..

Plus Randy would go out on top...