Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Barney Frank wants to repeal UIGEA - is it true

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the President would veto any repeal and I doubt there are the votes to override a veto but if they, I dunno, stuck it on to something the President HAD to sign...nah, that would be a dirty political trick right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe that the President would be able to veto it if the democrats attached to a popular bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he could. Signing statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would not have to follow it but the rest of the county would. I think you are misunderstanding what signing statements are.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Barney Frank wants to repeal UIGEA rumour - is it true?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fellate Barney just for trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barney Frank would pay you for that. He is the same guy that ran a male prostitution ring out of his congressional office. So of course he thinks adults should be able to do whatever they want with their money. I use my money for poker, he uses his money to get a Lewinsky from Monica's brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Young aspiring lawyers, I present to you the very definition of defamation.

MOREOVER, why would you be gay-bashing (or whatever that is) our only hope?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. You idiots that have insulted Barney Frank in this thread are complete morons, even if you speak/write in jest. The man has voiced support for our point of view, and this is how he is repaid? Disgusting.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Barney Frank wants to repeal UIGEA rumour - is it true?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fellate Barney just for trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barney Frank would pay you for that. He is the same guy that ran a male prostitution ring out of his congressional office. So of course he thinks adults should be able to do whatever they want with their money. I use my money for poker, he uses his money to get a Lewinsky from Monica's brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Young aspiring lawyers, I present to you the very definition of defamation.

MOREOVER, why would you be gay-bashing (or whatever that is) our only hope?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. You idiots that have insulted Barney Frank in this thread are complete morons, even if you speak/write in jest. The man has voiced support for our point of view, and this is how he is repaid? Disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The DOJ Goon squad is responsible for the character assasinations here. They are everywhere, watching and listening, and learning our habits and how to defeat us poker players.

If you don't believe me, you are one of them!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the President would veto any repeal and I doubt there are the votes to override a veto but if they, I dunno, stuck it on to something the President HAD to sign...nah, that would be a dirty political trick right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe that the President would be able to veto it if the democrats attached to a popular bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because Bush has shown time and time again how important popular opinion is to his administration
Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because Bush has shown time and time again how important popular opinion is to his administration

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has used the veto precisely once, against stem cell research. There is approximately a 0% chance of him vetoing any law repealing the UIGEA. He doesn't care about it one way or the other.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has used the veto precisely once, against stem cell research. There is approximately a 0% chance of him vetoing any law repealing the UIGEA. He doesn't care about it one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL attach it to the bill to send more troops into iraq.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL attach it to the bill to send more troops into iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might work... if he actually needed legislation to send more troops to Iraq.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bush has used the veto precisely once, against stem cell research. There is approximately a 0% chance of him vetoing any law repealing the UIGEA.

[/ QUOTE ]

But his own party controlled Congress for 97% of the time he has been President. I am sure his feelings about the veto are a lot different now.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Party controls congress?? WooHoo Dikshit for prez!

I can see him at the podium now...

"Citizens of America.. ENJOY!"
But his own party controlled Congress for 97% of the time he has been President. I am sure his feelings about the veto are a lot different now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2007, 10:47 PM

Barney Frank is supposed to be on Bill Maher in the next day or two. Email campaign? Or maybe a million posts on his board?