Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 06:37 AM

Default 3-6 and 5-10 hands

My image at these games are as a fairly solid/tight winner -I am playing around 14/12 FWIW - however I have occasionally been caught making some moves in the past

Hand 1 - Villian is playing 20/17 - I can not see him really doing this with a hand I am beating - however this is almost always a push as opposed to peeling and folding on unimproved turns?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $634.00
BB: $859.00
UTG: $1,963.80
CO: $691.00
Hero (BTN): $702.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $42.00

Flop: ($129) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $70.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $192.00</font>

Pot Size: $391.00

Hand 2 - Villian in the hand is playing pretty good - and seems to be a decent winner at these stakes - he is playing 22/29 - I think he can suspect I am defending my BB with light holdings since he has jacked it up the last 2-3 orbits - how is my line on this hand on the flop? Would checking behind the flop be a viable option a good % of the time here? FWIW I am usually ALWAYS continuation betting - so should I be playing for stacks here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $643.10
Hero (BB): $777.00
UTG: $395.50
BTN: $699.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $24.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $66.00</font>, SB calls $42.00

Flop: ($132) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $75.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $279.00</font>

Pot Size: $486.00

Hand 3 - Villian in the hand is Rizen - I am pretty sure he is a good player that is capable of making plays - although we have no previous history and haven't tangled this session - his currently playing 28/20 so I expect he has a pretty big hand range on this turn - what should I be doing here? Shoving? C/f'ing?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,293.00
Hero (BB): $1,000.00
UTG: $1,015.00
MP: $1,077.00
CO: $267.00
BTN: $1,047.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $35.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $120.00</font>, BTN calls $85.00

Flop: ($245) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $195.00</font>, BTN calls $195.00

Turn: ($635) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Pot Size: $635.00

Thanks - all comments appreciated
Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: 3-6 and 5-10 hands

hand 1 is a standard shove imo, i doubt you'll find too much disagreement on that.

hand 2 given position here, i would call and get the rest in on the turn, but def. would not check behind on the turn. also, i don't like checking behind on flop here, i like our spot and am quite comfortable with what's happening. if he were doing this on the turn, i'd be way more concerned and would probably dump it. again, i'd call and get it in on the turn + fist pump.

hand 3 against rizen, i'm not c/folding here... bet turn and call shove. his range is huge + he's more than capable of floating here. bet like $580 on turn.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: 3-6 and 5-10 hands

Flat calling hand 1 is pretty good for maximizing value against your opponent's full range. For if he has a made hand he will put you on a draw and fire the turn and if he is (semi-)bluffing he will likely continue the move anyhow. I don't see how you can fear being behind on this board to be honest.

Second hand if you're always cbetting then you should definitely fire the flop here. I think flat calling with the intention of getting it in on the turn and jamming are both fine even if the latter feels rather transparent on this particular board.

In hand three I feel that your flop bet size is too large for this board texture and would prefer a smaller (~150) bet or a check. As played I probably check shove the turn to maximize value from floats. We usually have a bunch of outs if he does turn up with the goods anyhow.

EDIT: WTF didnt see you were 14/12... i think that may swing the second hand to a fold