Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 AM

Default NL2 - AQo. Post flop help

Villain is a complete unknown. This was the 26th hand of the session and he had been at the table for 2 hands. I'd like to get some comments on my post flop play here. I think the flop was good, but the turn and river might be weak.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01./$0.02.
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0.45
UTG+1: $0.98
CO: $1.76
Hero: $1.60
SB: $0.30
BB: $1.68

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.34, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.34</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.02, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

I checked behind because I didn't like villain's cold call of my PSB on the flop. Is this weak, or should I fire another round, commit myself, and take this hand to the felt?

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.02, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.25</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to UTG+1.

This just looked like a "please call me bet." I narrowed down villain's range here to AJ-QJ based upon how I worked backwards through the hand. I really believe he had a jack in his hand. Why else would he all of the sudden come to life and donk bet the river?

Results:
Final pot: $1.02

I'm grateful for any comments/criticism.

AC
Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: NL2 - AQo. Post flop help

It's only a 1/3 pot sized bet and you have top pair great kicker. Worth a call in my book.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 AM

you can call in this situation i dont know if it is +ev long but.. i think that you are beat by a number of things here.

flop bet standard.
double barrel would have been a better play to narrow down weaker hands. fold to a raise.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 AM

Raise more PF..Standard is 4XBB + 1BB per limper..At 2NL after limpers you can prolly even raise more..At this level once they enter the pot they have a hard time folding..

Villain is short stacked!!!!! On the turn villain has less the 1/2 a PSB left..Just put him in or if you check you MUST call the river...Villains range for this river bet is huge..TP2K has villains range crushed..