Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 AM

Default 20 commerce - 34s - Strange hand

Loose fishy game

Two mega fish in HJ and Button post BB + 1 dead small.
MP1 TAG who ive seen get agro in these situations raises
MP2 New player to table, seems nit/TAGish so far. Old man. cold calls.
Posters + SB call
I call 34s in BB.

Flop is Q64 , two hearts.
SB checks, I check, PFR checks, MP2 bets, fish + SB fold (weird), I call, PFR calls.

Turn is a 6.
I bet, PFR folds, Old man calls.

River is a Q, flush draw not complete
I bet...

Thoguhts on flop/turn/river?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: 20 commerce - 34s - Strange hand

its funny cuz while your turn donk is kinda pointless and would be truly awful in an aggressive game, it works perfect in a commerce 20 and set up an unexpected, highly +ev river bluffing opportunity.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: 20 commerce - 34s - Strange hand

[ QUOTE ]

Thoguhts on flop/turn/river?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop is standard. Raised, multiway pot, with bottom pair. There is no reason to fold for one bet, especially when the PFR has checked. In fact, a raise would be appropriate if you had something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or if you were familiar with the oldster and could put him on a draw most of the time.

I like the turn. It charges the flush draw and may fold a better 4. I see you call this a loose, fishy game, but do you really expect that the call here is anything other than a Q or a draw? Something like 99 maybe? I ask because this street somewhat affects the river.

If, on the river, we can narrow it down to a Q or a busted flush/straight, this bet is a must. The A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] may make a crying call, but it will fold often enough that it shouldn't worry you. Hands like 99 or 88 are in the same boat as the lone ace. They will fold frequently in this spot, but also make crying calls. If this is a truly fishy game, with people (and weak-tight old men are some of the worst at this) who fall in love with pocket pairs no matter what comes, then the bet becomes slightly more debatable. I'm not saying it shouldn't still be made (you can't win by checking), it should. But it's moving in that direction.