Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: So who here stack and tilts?

True, but i have a kind of weird "bail out" swing, when my normally "strong draw perfect swing" does not work :-)

It is actually positioning the ball more towards the left food, holding the club really light and then just rip my body through.
My swing then ends in a Tiger Woods/Sergio Garcia finish all the way through and i hit a long high fading drive, that comes out pretty constant, but with alot of backspin, and not that good in windy conditions.

Sure a low ballflight is no concern in normal condition, but he might be able to get more lenght, and some of the courses i play, the greens are just hard enough, to make a low ballflight, bounce too long from its first hit on the green, to keep control.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Swing

[/ QUOTE ]

do u hit hooks genearlly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks more like stock shot is straight or power fade to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My miss is to the right, when I'm playing well the left side of the golf course is way out of play.

I hit it right if I'm not turning hard enough through the ball. If I'm doing that and miss it, it goes straight right if I slide my hip which causes my right shoulder to drop, or starts straight and fades if I don't get the 'tight' downward feeling out of my right arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one very nice swing. Balance , posture, tempo, (love the plane) all very good. When I saw it from the side it looked like you had a low Justin Leonard-like finish, but from behind it looks the finish mirrors the takeaway as far as plane goes. Very nice. I'm guessing you are low single digit handicap???
Old 10-21-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Swing

[/ QUOTE ]

do u hit hooks genearlly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks more like stock shot is straight or power fade to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i thought the same.

Ireally like you body movement, it looks so solid.
For you to improve, im convinced you should release the clubhead way more than you do.

My sugestion is, go on the range, concentrate on holding the club so light that it almost fly out of the hand during the swing and practise with that, to make your club release more, increasing speed and hitting it more inside out than opposite.

Just try it, im not a pro obv, but i think you could get some there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like what you said about a light grip and a full release, as I work on those things myself.

The only problem with that (for KSlay) is he would have to completely change his technique. His motion is based on coming into the ball with a square face and holding it off with a body release. This has worked well for a number of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct. The wrist release has its place, but for my swing that is changing a large fundamental to the exact opposite. I'm acutally not "loading" my wrists at all therefore I don't actually release them at any point. So for me to start to release my wrists more..I'd have to change my take away also. I do get what you're saying though, and there are definetly times that advice is valid.

I like my ball flight, I hit it a little bit higher than normal when I'm swinging aggressively (correctly). I don't hit any full shots inside 160, so from there-in, my ball flight varies from shot to shot.

I'm a +2.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:16 AM

K-Slay, whe you say "not loading" your wrists, can you help distinguish that from not "cocking" your wrists. Are basiclaly saying that your power doesn't come from a late lag followed by quick hands and wrist/forearm rotation, but comes more from body rotation??? I'm just a bit unclear.

Thx
Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 PM

yea, when I say not loading, I mean not cocking. My swing is attemting to be dictated by my body as much as possible and take out all of the potential errors a "handsy" swing has. My swing before was largely dictated by the timing of my hands releasing. Now I don't feel like I do anything at all with my hands.