Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Maximum understanding

I have a desire to one day fully grasp politics and economics.
Unfortunately, at the time being I am highly unproductive, unless the theme is poker, so I haven’t gotten very far.
I thought the other day, there can't be too many people on this earth who completely grasp the full spectrum of politics. Not only current politics but all the different kind of political philosophies as well.
Once you do grasp, everything, then what?
Some will simply use the system to the best of their advantage and some might try to change things.
Though, probably, someone who has taken the time and effort to reach that amount of understanding probably will not use it to find himself a petty advantage. You study to understand and what follows is the search for improvement? Either consciously or unconsciously.
But seeing how at the top, there are few, how do you best communicate your knowledge to others?
Few will understand, the few who do understand will either like what you say or dislike it, and the ones who dislike it are very likely to spread a different truth to others. Seeing how the truth often gets mudded by different peoples interpretation, What is the best way to keep the truth alive?
Also, what is the major cause of misunderstandings?
I am all over the place with this text.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Maximum understanding

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
impossible imo.

edit: Im probably getting it wrong but to me it seems like ure suggesting to have an objective truth on politics and economics.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:22 PM

Totally impossible. Experts in their fields disagree on basically everything. I have hope for economics developing into a reliable science, but it will probably take centuries. Political science, well, I'm disturbed by the thought of advancement there.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing how the truth often gets mudded by different peoples interpretation, What is the best way to keep the truth alive?
Also, what is the major cause of misunderstandings?

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth was never born, never will be, in those fields and for the same reasons that there are misunderstandings. Different people are innately attracted to different priorities and it's from those priorities that their concepts of value and how to attain/maintain those values are built.

Best we can do is create societies that allow as many people as we can live their lives in a reasonable range of situations that they find meaningful and valuable to them. The exact perfect balance will always vary according to the mix of personalities and environmental conditions a group is in. And is of course unattainable. sigh.

luckyme
Old 12-01-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't mean this literally, right? That's impossible. You can only hope to master subfields in most domains. Knowledge is a moving target.