Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Default $11sng TP facing alot of action

Hi guys

This was just a few hands in to the game not to many reads on villain. He did min3-bet me once before and than minbet flop and bet 1/2pot on turn were I folded, the board was QJ48.
I wouldnt give his preflop minraise alot of credit I'm guessing he does it with a reasonably wide range.
I do get a feeling that I'm beat on the turn, how would you play it?

Full Tilt Poker, $11 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 15/30 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): 1,275
BB: 1,725

Pre-Flop: (45) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to 120</font>, Hero calls 45

Flop: (240) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 150</font>, Hero calls 150

Turn: (540) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 450</font>
Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: $11sng TP facing alot of action

I don't know I would fold I guess but his turn bet is kinda awkward. To big, like he wants you to fold. But then again it just might be valuebet.

Given no reads I don't want to play big pot against pf 3-bettor with top pair weak kicker.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 PM

this could easily be a 3-bet c-bet flop from villain. ask yourself on that flop, are you're willing to call another bet on the turn, if you call this one? Doesn't sound like you really have sense of what his range is here and don't sound confident your weaksauce king is good. You also sound pretty sure you're gonna be facing another bet if you call this.

if you're not going to call another bet or make a big play with it on the turn if/when bet into, get rid of it now and get a better spot. it's early. if you think you would call this down, raise now and feel free to drop out if he raises. this is going to make you feel more confident that you were beat, and save you money compared to a nauseous call on the turn...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM

I would like to see a raise on the flop. Smallish, obv, and then give it up after he calls or: take a free card on the turn and call ui.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
 is offline

i think that you played reasonably, with all your information on opp playing-style.
the hand in your description seems very similar to this one: somewhat drawy board, but he only bet smallish. because of that, i only would've called on the flop. i think turn is a fold.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Based on the strength Villain has shown on all three streets, I'd fold the turn against all but an over-aggro Villain.

Pre-flop is solid. At the flop, you're looking to get to showdown without playing for stacks. So I like the flop call with position, although previous posters' suggestions of raising the flop and bailing if he reraises or calls and then bets the turn, also works well.

It takes a pretty hyper-aggro opponent to make this sequence of plays with that board and not have at least top pair higher kicker.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 PM

I move all in here. I've played a lot of $11 tournament, there are not a lot of players who will 3-bet twice in the first few hands and are competent. Odds are is that hes just a super aggressive donk who wants to give away 11 dollars. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turnover q9 or even j9.