Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: I\'m becoming a live player

[ QUOTE ]
I get kinda interested when respected players say they *never* do something. That statement in itself makes you exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely untrue. I never limp 72o UTG, am I now exploitable?

I never limp reraise preflop. However I never open limp so who cares, it's not really exploitable.

I never fold with 80% of my stack in the pot.

etc etc, I could go on and on about things that I may never do that don't make my play exploitable at all. Also I may open limp sometimes I was just using it as an example.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get kinda interested when respected players say they *never* do something. That statement in itself makes you exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never limp reraise preflop. However I never open limp so who cares, it's not really exploitable.

etc etc, I could go on and on about things that I may never do that don't make my play exploitable at all. Also I may open limp sometimes I was just using it as an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be such a nit. I was not directing my thoughts at anyone individual, but the jist of several posts that limping/open limping is *ALWAYS* terrible. BTW, I even put the never in ** notation to try to avoid a nit attack.

Also, saying you never open limp and then later saying you may open limp shows an amazing lack of creativity - but I'm just being a *nit*
Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wowowowow NO it does NOT. by not doin every possible action at every possible situation does not even come remotely close to being exploitable
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be such a nit. I was not directing my thoughts at anyone individual, but the jist of several posts that limping/open limping is *ALWAYS* terrible. BTW, I even put the never in ** notation to try to avoid a nit attack.

Also, saying you never open limp and then later saying you may open limp shows an amazing lack of creativity - but I'm just being a *nit*

[/ QUOTE ]

wait what?

95% of good 6 max nl cash game players will never ever open limp.

is that exploitable? no.

if they only open limped w/ specific types of hands, is that exploitable? yes.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they all look horrible to me... at least u think outside the box tho. better that u did this then never tried something new.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts to a T. i just started limping the button hu, and it's revolutionized my game basically.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 PM

i agree with ansky, but question (for ansky): do you never open limp in tourneys? live/online
Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The issue I see with these three examples isn't the limp, its the lack of reasoning as to why Hero limped in each case.

In the first example, I believe limping is a poor choice due to # of BBs Hero has, position in the hand, and stack size of those who follow. Also, you didn't seem to have a plan (folding is a default condition here, not a plan)for what to do next. Hero didn't say if V1 or V2 raises, I fold. If BB raises, I call with position or re-raise, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't really want to post my reasoning since good reasoning behind making a play doesn't make it good, I met one guy who spent lunch talking about how overlimping KK very deep is great, and most 2+2ers would probably have been very satisfied after listening to his reasoning.

Anyways, hand 1, I don't think I can open profitably, but all the players behind me were tight enough that I think I will get to see the flop with the blinds a large % of the time with a hand that crushes their ranges + with my stack, most people won't be opening hands that they can't comfortably call a shove with.

Hand 2: Shove over charder and busto, fold to the others, I think they will be opening a wide enough range that I can definitely shove quite profitably, and if I were to open, I think they will be reraising with ranges such that I'd end up folding unhappily.

Hand 3: Shove if charder isolates since people love folding getting less than 2:1, and love isolating limpers