Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 10-20 vs argoe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Usually if he's putting you on AQ or worse you're going to see him leading here with AQ or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? noooo. leading this river is prett ymuch wrong for any hand that red can have. anything that is calling a river bet is betting when checked to, which makes reds hand eas y to play. since you're never checking the turn with anything that beats AQ, say, and the 8 rarely makes your hand better, and you almost never bet half pot with anything that can call a CR, he should CRAI with 99 or TT or wahtever and turn it into a bluff, since KQ is like the strongest hand in your range.

so like, you let him play this hand pretty much perfectly, and he should CRAI with 100% of his range (the except perhaps is the other KQ, and maybe QJ), but you should still fold becuase of how weird you played the rest of the hand, and the fact that you can't know how he'll react to the w ay you played it (and if you did, you didn't include it in op)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree that check-raising this river as a value-bet is a superior play I'm just saying that as a general statement when someone checks this river to you it usually means KQ is good. Redargoe is a decent player but he's 12 tabling and I dont think he's aware enough to pick up when a check-raise is slightly better than the obvious value-bet lead.

Check-raising this river as a bluff is just bad because people don't fold TPGK that often, and you would have to be sure he's betting it like this in the first place. Again, even if you want to argue that it is slightly good its not something that a player like Redargoe uses.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM

c/r this river as a bluff looks terrible to me. a)OP can very very easily have the nuts here and b)line looks weird so OP may not fold top pair. both those reasons make this look very bad for bluffing. nice time for value c/r, though, since as AEMFJ said, most hands that will call a bet will also value bet if checked to.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM

I folded. I agree my hand is face up so he would be pushing all better, but I was wondering how often he would be pushing worse as a bluff(JJ, TT). I guess not often enough. I knew this hand would make mcgipp's head asplode.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Hmm 6handed against an UTG raiser I like your pf call way way more than here..
I call pf if Villain 4bets a lot OOP or if he has a very very tight pf raising range and I will only fold out worse hands.
Mixing it up sometimes isn't that bad but I would do it on a rare basis.
Flop is a call imho, raising on that board can be a good move in certain situations against loose spewy opponents who
know you would bluff raise a lot on these boards and reraise you so you could put it in and feel good about it...
After you've got called on the flop check turn and river (especially if he can c/r tricky).
Why do you give yourself so much trouble and raise the flop anyways?
You've got position and you hit a cute flop, this is pretty much wa/wb and by raising you won't get much money out of worse hands but get into arkward spots against better ones..