Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

Not to be the person to put a horrible idea into everyones head but consider this.

I am a slightly above averagely savvy computer guy. At this moment I can pull up 12 wireless networks around my house. 2 are open, 10 are WEP. I cracked 2 WEP keys in about 30 minutes. So now I have 4 wireless networks I can access. How are you going to catch me cheating ever?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be the person to put a horrible idea into everyones head but consider this.

I am a slightly above averagely savvy computer guy. At this moment I can pull up 12 wireless networks around my house. 2 are open, 10 are WEP. I cracked 2 WEP keys in about 30 minutes. So now I have 4 wireless networks I can access. How are you going to catch me cheating ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't. It's also possible to buy a business class internet connection, buy additional IP's and then write them off as a business expense at the end of the year - hello 250 entries into the sunday million.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, for one thing, poker sites keep track of accounts playing in the same table/tournament more regularly than chance would indicate. If you add to that money transfers between these accounts and you have a pretty strong case.

Another suspicious activity would be if several accounts playing in the same tourney were created/financed shortly before the tournament and were financed by a common source.

Remember, all a poker site needs in order to suspend your winnings is suspicion, it's up to you to establish your innocence.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, Mark "the master" gwen, Mark "zeejustin" bonomo, Mark Arieh, Mark telsher ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Vos.... Mark Seif... yes, Mark Strahan....

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, Mark "the master" gwen, Mark "zeejustin" bonomo, Mark Arieh, Mark telsher ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Vos.... Mark Seif...

[/ QUOTE ]

mark strahan
Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mark strahan

[/ QUOTE ]

who??
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And...that's the problem isn't it. I think pokerstars can do more to stop this, but they don't, since it hurts their bottom line, obv.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:54 PM

Re:Mr Arieh....
please discuss this hand....
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1539049
Old 10-03-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZeeJustin when I started playing poker and you were dominating the Party SnGs I used to love reading your blog, until what happened.

I will start reading again because you seem like a good guy who knows he did wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really off topic, but it appears that ZJ has deleted all of his blog entries that were written after the UIGEA passed.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 PM

My first table at EPT London was with Mark Telsher. We talked for two hours or so before our table broke. For some reason he seemed very determined to not let me out his online name to the rest of the table for whatever reason. I've talked to play2kill in the chatbox at both Stars and FTP while playing 25/50 and 50/100 NUMEROUS times and the person typing in the chat just doesn't seem to have the same personality as Mark Telsher. Although at the EPT London table we were at, Mark came behind me and confirmed to me he was play2kill. I have also heard reports that play2kill is Mikael Thuritz. I will say I do not believe that two people share this account. It always seems to be the same person playing from the very detailed and technical style that play2kill uses, and his chat language. It's either one or the other and I really can't figure it out. FWIW, whoever it is, is very good as I've probably played 100k+ hands with play2kill.
Closed Thread