Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Split kings line

7 Card Stud High ($0.05/$0.10), Ante $0.01, Bring-In $0.02 (converter)

3rd Street

seat 0: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings in___calls
seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street

seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Split kings line

standard
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM

If you don't make kings up, do you fold 7th?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:39 PM

yep.
With my read that he had a monster on the river and the fact that I'm showing 4 cards to a high straight, and he bets into me on 7th almost makes me fold with Kings up.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM

On the plus side you hold a lot of the cards you're afraid of. Spades, a Q, and you've seen one more 8 already. I think your kings up is beat, but I am not good at stud hi.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM

I think it's a must call on the river. You see so many absurd plays in low limit stud games that you can't really fold this. He could be value betting queens up or even just making a really dumb bluff.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a must call on the river. You see so many absurd plays in low limit stud games that you can't really fold this. He could be value betting queens up or even just making a really dumb bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 PM

wacky boards. Do you have any reads on the player?

Try running some sims on twodimes and see where you are. I am not sure you are ahead on 6th, unless all he has is the dead spade draw with the queens. You are behind if he started with a pair of 8s (no spades down), or really any other pair in the hole, or caught a pair along the way. This is low micro-limit though so he could just be hoping to spike an ace, i dunno, but it seems like he would be calling with something here. I think he is 60/40 or so if he has 2 pr; he could be checking fearing your possible broadway, but you are not going to bet him off his hand at this level.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 PM

I have too many outs to make kings up, trips, or a straight not to call.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 PM

He's not saying to fold 6th, besides, your opponent checked. He's saying that perhaps betting 6th is not the best action, if you are currently behind.