Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: NEW Thailand thread

i just said hi and nt said hi chum back! just being friendly to my fellow mods!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 AM

oh, cool!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM

This thread needs pictures. I'll start with short shorts in the pool hall in Bangkok.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 AM

well its offical.
Nation killed it.
the other thread had history. this is boring. plus all the answered questions gone?...
who cares about degen.. he started the thread, its not like he put a friggin patent on it

on other note... mr.magoo almost slept with 2 sisters.. turns out one of them got pissed cause she thought i was gonna sleep with her. he left with the innocent looking one, so i guess he still had a blast?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on other note... mr.magoo almost slept with 2 sisters.. turns out one of them got pissed cause she thought i was gonna sleep with her. he left with the innocent looking one, so i guess he still had a blast?

[/ QUOTE ]

one [censored] time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

also killing the other thread is pretty [censored] lame. that thread was huge and awesome.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:45 AM

anyone having problems with pokerace? it worked the first 2 weeks i was here but now doesn't work. i emailed support and they said it was because i'm in thailand.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone having problems with pokerace? it worked the first 2 weeks i was here but now doesn't work. i emailed support and they said it was because i'm in thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on your internet connection, some places it works, some it doesnt...
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
killing the other thread is pretty [censored] lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. Who cares what the "situation with degen" is. He's had nothing to do with the thread for ages, besides the name in the title. That was/is one of the biggest and best threads here ever, and one of the few bookmarks I check on an almost daily basis (yay, coming back to BKK in five weeks!). Strange choice from management to take it down, even if just temporarily.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:45 AM

Hello,

I've been here about 1 year. I'm going back to the States in a few weeks.

I can probably answer questions pretty well.

To start:

Cheapness: Everything requiring thai/SE asian labor (medium quality clothes, custom tailors, food, prostitutes, strippers, cabbies) is cheap as hell here. To get decent quality things you generally need to pay a fair bit but not as much as western prices.

Bangkok: gigantic city. Anything you want to do is here. Its dirty and traffic is worse than any US city I've been to by far. There are nice areas though.

Beaches: Phuket is the most popular and developed. After that is Koh Chang and Koh Samui. Beaches around Krabi are my personal favorite and are a lot less crowded. They are only good during the high season otherwise its to rainy. I've been to beaches in about 10 countries and Thailand's are the nicest by ar IMO.

Girls: Any girl who throws herself at you is probably a hooker/goldigger/both. These girls are generally considered quite ugly in their home country (dark skin) and need to go with foreigners. Middle and upper class girls here are generally pretty similar to western girls but have some differences and are generally more shy and reserved. You can have sex with a different girl who is considered attractive in most Western countries every night easily no matter how ugly or socially retarded you are. You can probably have sex with them for free if you are reasonably attractive/fun/they think they can potentially be your girlfriend. Having a funny looking face also doesn't matter (even to middle class girls) since they don't really seem to be able to tell that sorta thing. Social status is big here and any girl would do well to date a man above her social status almost regardless of what he looks like. Being a foreigner puts you at probably upper middle class by default unless you look and act like a slob. Then you are still well above rice farmer but not that high.

Internet: Available almost anywhere. You can get decent speed in most places there are white people. The reliability is not terrible but can be bad. I play $10/20+ here regularily and probably lost a total of 3 buyins due to disconects over this past year on Koh Samui and in Bangkok.

That should cover most basic questions. If you have more I'll try and answer them.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 AM

yeah really makes NO sense