Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM

Default nl 50 blind defense

hi

This is a more a general question then about this hand.

We are fourhanded villain is a reg not a pokergod but not fish or donk.
his stats are solid: 19/16/3.5 over 1000 hands his att. to steal is hight something like 28-32.
We have been playing with villain over 250 hands today he seat is to our right. The scenario is he has the buttom we are sb bb is a nit. Villain loves to steal here. We noticed that and so we reraised a big range. Villain noticed that and so he started to fire back.

OnGame's Room No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) by Hand Converter CG

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($62.00)
Hero ($49.20)
UTG ($79.95)
Button ($3.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2.25</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to </font> ??

1. is preflop fine or should we play standart here and rerais ??
2. flopbet looks like a c-bet, board is not bad for us so we raise here. what is the amount??
3. turn comes:

Turn: ($XX.XX) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

he shows weakness but pot is not small any more, 2 barrel here?? and what is the plan for the river after a call??

p.s. sorry for my poor englisch
Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: nl 50 blind defense

I don't like this at all. Find a new table, if he's so tough to play. If you choose to defend, you might aswell RR pf. As played I'd just fold flop, if you want the aggro version then just raise flop to 9-10 and if he calls bet turn again 2/3-3/4 pot. But I don't recommend it, it's highly -EV.