Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Tunica NLHE regulars

Very interesting to read this, I have gone to Tunica the last few of years and will be going back this fall. I recognize the majority of the players each time. I remember thinking about Roland, how does this guy drink that much coffee and smoke that much (3-4 cups/hour and 8-10 cigarretes per hour, but he is a player. Look foward to going back this year and playing with the same guys again. I guess a lot less 'tourists' in tunica, games always seemed to have 6-7 players who know each other, a higher perecentage than other places I have played.
AcesKracked
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Does anyone know a guy named Earl Bailey? He probably plays more limit than NL. How is his game?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm making trip up to Tunica next weekend w/ another 2+2 friend. Is there anyone else we should be looking out for in the $1/2 & $1/3 games at the Strike or Shoe?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 AM

**Bump**
Old 09-22-2007, 09:58 AM

Well I played for about 12 hours yesterday at the Grand. Before I get to that I heard the Sheraton is getting rid of their Carribean Stud. So they aren't taking the $1 and they're giving away $500 hi hand every hour.

Ok so I won't do a big trip report or anything I just wanted to comment on a few guys.

The first is a guy name was :

Big Baby - Looked to be about 6'5" (6'9" with the fro, yay Fletch reference, but true) and 325 African American with a decent sized fro and about 30 y/o. The guy was cool as ice. Was always friendly and happy to chat it up.

He's a pretty tricky player and can use his words to help him win pots. One of which I was on the receiving end. It was a 10 high board that had a draw or two but wasn't all over the place. The turn didn't bring anything up realy scary nor did the river(at this point I had only played with him for about an hour) so I bet $40. Well he goes into his him hawing about what I could have and not have. He then says "All I can do is hope you have A-10" and pushes $140 out there.

I was thinking WTF that's EXACTLY what I have and I guees he has a 3 (for trips) or a str8. So I muck and he shows me J-10(for top pair LOWER kicker).

He made some awesome bluffs with decent bets. I played with him for 10+ hours and he was steadily drinking alcohol and I could see it changing his game for the worse.

Overall I didn't mind seeing him at the table and I'm not scared of him but I know I need to have something and NOT be scared to bet it with him.

Scotty B - This is the wildest and craziest guy I've played against. His best quality is he seemed top notch in being able to tell a player what he wants the other player to do. If he gets in a few pots with a guy that fights back Scotty will talk to him like they're going to war.

After Scotty beats the player out of a pot he'll sometimes stand up and scream to the poker room that HE'S the police around here and NOONE steals from him!

I can't say much about his game but I don't want him at my table. Not that I think he's THAT much better than me although he does have more gears which porbably equals somewhat better than me. The way to play him is to beat him out of a pot or two so he can pick on others. My problem with that is I don't have 10 buyins sitting around.

I have a pic of Scotty B but it isn't the best. If someone wants it ask me via PM.

Last guy is Matt (at least that's what I think I remember it being) the other dealers said he either works for or did work for the Grizzlies.

He looked to be in his mid to late 30's, formerly from Huntsville Al and is a Florida Gators fan. He's MAYBE 5'8" and a pretty cool guy. As soon as he loses a pot he says NH and pats his hand on the table. Then if Matt raised PF he'd say something like NC with 78 for $25.

Now he had received some bad beats so I can't say he shouldn't have been pissed but the last hand (for him) went something like this :

1-3NL BTW Matt UTG calls and 2 more +SB call.

Flop 7-J-8

SB bets like 35 and BB folds. Then Matt says "How could you bet so much into that pot?" Then he says "I'm all in" for 140ish. The next guy calls and SB completes

Turn X river K.

Matt J-7
Mr. Insignificant to this story had AA
Lady has KJ for the 3 outer and Matt actually exploded! Well no not really but he went balistic about how bad she was etc.

Seemed all the dealers knew all three of these guys and I've played with Scotty B at the Gold Strike before.

Oh BTW Roland was in the 1 seat and his wife was there too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OH OH another BTW - During the month of Sept the Grands BBJ is aces full of kings or better beaten for 250k. But I still like the GS better.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh BTW Roland was in the 1 seat

[/ QUOTE ] Roland is toungh.. One of the best NLHE players in Tunica in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh BTW Roland was in the 1 seat

[/ QUOTE ] Roland is toungh.. One of the best NLHE players in Tunica in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

and his wife is a rock. When she gets in and bets the flop it isn't a continuation bet.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!

I know of Roland. He has been accurately described.

Does anybody know Yang? I always seem to see him at the same table with Roland and he also carries a big wad. My view of him is that he's a bit too crazy and at the wrong times but probably a winner.

There's also this older black guy who wears aviator glasses. I often see him at the same tables as the above two. He's fairly aggressive and preys on the weaker players. One time I saw him put so much milk and syrup in either coffee or hot chocolate I wanted to puke. Seriously. He put like a half gallon of syrup in.

I will say that none of the regulars seem all that impressive but I haven't played a ton of hands with any of them.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know of Roland. He has been accurately described.

Does anybody know Yang? I always seem to see him at the same table with Roland and he also carries a big wad. My view of him is that he's a bit too crazy and at the wrong times but probably a winner.

There's also this older black guy who wears aviator glasses. I often see him at the same tables as the above two. He's fairly aggressive and preys on the weaker players. One time I saw him put so much milk and syrup in either coffee or hot chocolate I wanted to puke. Seriously. He put like a half gallon of syrup in.

I will say that none of the regulars seem all that impressive but I haven't played a ton of hands with any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Yang probably 40-45 yrs old & wears glasses?

Yeah, I see that black gentleman around alot too. I don't think I have ever seen him take off those glasses.... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Him & Roland will drink a gallon of coffee between them in a session. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Cliff notes at bottom.

The black guy who I believe you're describing is Al. I believe someone (maybe even me) gave a rundown on him earlier.

Last weekend I was at ST and I played with the most miserable person ever. I think his name was Don. Honestly he comes across as a rock....just as tight as they come. But he gambled it up quite a bit. So I guess he was doing his job.

A quick hand that I witnessed with Don. It went the usual raise to 18 with a few callers. The flop came J-2-3 with 2 diamonds. First guy checks and Don bets 50. Folds to button who calls. The turn is a brick. Don bets 100 and button hesitates and calls. Don is visibly upset.

River is a D.

Don is furious and checks. The button checks back and shows the nuts. Ok I'm confused but I swear it happened and they were not together. This guy Don is a regular who doesn't seem to have many friends.

Anyway so after the hand a guy to my left named Woody nudges me and says :watch this". He stands up and yells at his friend Robert. While he yells at him woody does this dance that we've all seen before like someone holding a bar and doing a square around it.

so robert runs over and asks what happens. woody tells him Don had the nuts until a guy called all his chips off in a bad way and totally sucks out on Don. So Robert starts screaming and doing that weird dance. I know it sounds jerkish for those two but that guy Don was such a jerk it was justified.

Cliff notes - Don gambles it up but is a jerk.

P.S. - This Satruday at 11am at ST there's a 5k added 125 entry freezeout.

P.P.S. - My name is Robert but not that Robert that dances. Although that Robert is cool and very funny. Tall, salt n pepper colored hair, and maybe early - mid 40's.