Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: What are the key elements that lead to better decision-making in p

key elements are deductive reasoning capabilities. this is highly correlated to intelligence, hence the reasoning why on average, the better the player the more intelligent.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!

[ QUOTE ]
key elements are deductive reasoning capabilities. this is highly correlated to intelligence, hence the reasoning why on average, the better the player the more intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deductive reasoning capabilities is same as saying decision-making capabilities, right? Intelligence certainly helps. Really the key to everything is probably honing your reasoning.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:51 AM

You just wrote in psyhology forum something about being emotionally stable in good form when you play poker. I replied there. Pretty much the same applies here. Your reasoning and instincts are better when you are in a good shape.

No one mentioned so far: instincts.

I rely on my instincts a lot and am succesful doing it. You just have to realize when your instincts are really instincts and when they are just lucky guesses. But maybe those insticts are just a form of a quick deductive reasoning that you do subconsiously. I say that because there are some idiots who don't have insticts and that's why they deny they exist and are important.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: What are the key elements that lead to better decision-making in poker

Very key element: Know your opponent's hole cards and act accordingly!

REF:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so ridiculous. I don't even know what game you're playing: Cash games at w/e level, MTT'S, STT'S, w/e. Send me a pm...let me know what game you're playing...then I'll take a crack at it....although any more info than that you could give me can only help.

Though getting it in with with more equity than your opponent has is so ridic rarely wrong....of course I'm not so sure you really cmpletely understand what that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I play higher than you do--trust me. I sometimes like to simplify things for myself and refresh my thinking. Go play 25/50+ on Stars and take your crack ; )

MyPTBB summed up my thinking a bit better I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to take a crack at 25-50. It would go very poorly unless I ran amazingly well and got out quickly.

I don't think it matters whether you play higher than me or not: The question was still really vague, nondescriptive of a particular form of poker (though true that thought processes are very similar in most of them), and therefore hard to answer.

I suppose it was my last sentence that illicited that response from you. Sorry about that. You have to admit though that you don't exactly look like a seasoned player in this post.