Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 08:15 AM

Default 100NL: GTFO my c-bets pt. 2

Ok, villain is the same decent lag from my 76s hand, 24/15 ish. his raises c-bets is creeping up to around 21% in the 400 or so hands we've played together this session. this board is really nice for me because hes never really minraising a combo draw, since hes good enough to want FE for that, and he knows i can show up with any 2 suited somewhat connected cards here, so hes most likely going to want to charge me when he has a set, although sets are at least possible. I honestly think his most likely holding is a crappy flushdraw/ smallish pair/total air here. i think he respects my play and this is the first time ive gotten frisky on the turn vs him. I decide to call his flop raise and re-evaluate turn, because if turn is scary i can always c/f it and i do have an over+gutshot so i can still turn the nuts. turn is a T and i love that card because i can easily get curious can and call that flop minraise with a lot of tens here. thoughts? (FWIW turn bet size is plenty to get the job done, hes never bluff raising because other than a total bluff im calling almost everything i bet this turn with.)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($92)
BB ($100)
UTG ($76.55)
UTG+1 ($65.05)
MP1 ($94.40)
MP2 ($20)
Hero ($115.70)
CO ($56.25)
Button ($130.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $5, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($12.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($44.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $27</font>
Old 03-02-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: 100NL: GTFO my c-bets pt. 2

Well if he has a spade draw then the turn bet is not enough to get the job done, is it? And you will still be OOP on the river. I think I would be closer to pot if I'm not giving up.