Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 06:28 AM

Default S Fishman what an A-hole.

Game is $5-10NLH. The man on the button had just lost most of his chips the hand before. Lady limps in, fishman limps in late position player limps in button goes all in for $103. BB calls, lady calls, now Fishman goes all in for about $1050. All fold back to the lady. She thinks for awhile and folds JJ. At the end of the hand the button turns over AQoff and Fishman shows 4c8c for a flush. Now the guy sitting next to the lady says that is the play she should have made and he could not understand why Fishman would make that play with that hand. Fishman then turns to the guy and says "not to be rude but, if you can't figure out why I made that play then thats sad." I did not understand the play myself but did not want to say anything. Can someone tell me what I am missing here? Why would he want to get head-up with his hand. What does he gain by eleminating the other players by going all-in with such a weak hand? Please explain it to me because I still don'd get it.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Re: S Fishman what an A-hole.

If Fishman knows the man on the button has overs and everyone else will fold if he pushes, his play is perfect.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:45 AM

What is he hoping for in that spot woth 4c8c. How is that a perfect play when he only has $10 in the hand. Now he is risking $950 more that the other 3 players that are not all in will not call. Only to get heads up and getting 3 to 1 on his money with such a week hand. He got lucky that the lady with the Jacks was a good enough player to fold them. Then he got even luckier to make the flush. So explain to me how it was perfect play.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:49 AM

It's a squeeze. I did this in a tournament and some 80 year old man went off on me for about 20 minutes. Good times.

-SmileyEH
Old 03-11-2006, 06:50 AM

The lady with jacks was good? LMFAO
Limps in with jacks just calls the raise and then folds?
Unless the BB kept going all in I dont know why the [censored] she would fold ( an no i dont call all ins with JJ under normal circumstances)
Fishmans play was fine if he knew everyone would fold. Got 3-1 on his money when its very possible thats hes up against an Ak type of hand.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:15 AM

I think this is a pretty stupid play. If fischman didn't have a good reason to believe the pot would be raised behind him then JJ is almost certainly dominating or is on the good side of a coinflip. I think few good players would believe he has a pair better than jacks here, and bad players love to call.

Best case scenario everyone folds, he puts in like 20-25 percent of the pot and has 40 something percent equity versus overs in a pretty small pot. Worst case, someone calls bs and he gets more than 100 bb in with 15-20 percent equity.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM

i dont like his play.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 AM

If I was Jacks and somehow openlimped, I would definitely not give Fischman credit for a better hand with a LP limp-reraise after a limper.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:39 AM

this woulda been better if the lady had aces and called.

i see no reason for the JJ fold.

ugly play by firschman, uglier play by the lady.

and yes, what a douchebag comment afterward.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's got Ax or something better connected than 84s it might be worthwhile, but 84s just doesn't have that much equity.

It does have good metagame value if you smile and say something like "I felt like gammmmmmbooooooolling" instead of mouthing off to your opponents.