FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 AM

Default NL25 AK UTG

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3.12</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.59, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $4.62</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15.83, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $18.57</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $17.26</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.31 returned to CO.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($50.35, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $50.35)

Results:
Final pot: $50.35
Old 08-18-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Re: NL25 AK UTG

Well there's no way you can fold.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:03 AM

Okay first post on 2p2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Any stats on CO? If a passive pre-flop player (pre-flop raise % ~ 3%) re-raises me when I have AK I am beginning to consider whether I should fold it. So in this example, especially being out of position I wonder if I would lay it down pre-flop only if I knew pre-flop raiser was really paasive pre-flop, is this too tight? Should one ever lay down AK to a raise pre-flop?

Anyway as played, it looks good to me. However we do need stats here. If CO is aggressive then played perfectly I would say, let him do all the betting. If you are known by the table to be aggressive then I would lead out 2/3 pot to make it look like a C-Bet. If CO was aggro and called, I check turn to look weak, and induce bet, then move in.

Really could do with some reads/stats here...

Edit: On seeing above post, I wasn't even considering that you should lay it down, only how you extract the most money.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 AM

You're only beat by a pair of 3s here or a pair of 8s. It is unlikely hes going to be reraising 33 or 88 preflop unless hes an agressive player.

Its possible he has an ace but you're likely to be ahead unless he holds AK too or a full house (it would be difficult to put him on A3 or A8) unless hes been reraising those type of hands before.

He could also be on a bluff as hes reraised in position and has the lead into the pot. Your check on the flop probably induces the bluff representing the ace.

Theres also the flush draw to consider too but you're not gona be folding on the turn with only one card to come.

His most likely holding is either AK, AQ, KK, QQ, or two suited broadway cards.

I think you played it fine and if he has you beat then its just unlucky I guess.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 AM

We lose to TT as well. I play TT very similarly pre-flop and on the flop.

Brian
Old 08-18-2006, 09:55 AM

You jam TT all in on the turn - with two aces on board and no boat?

If he's beat here - its to a set of 3's (highly unlikely), a set of 88's (more likely) - or A10/A8 -although you don't see too many people re-raising with either of those hands.

Regardless of this I can't see how this can be folded - most likely he is either splitting this with AK or winning this against AQ, AJ
Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 AM

Looks well played on all streets.

Paul