Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 AM

Default NL25 low two pair meets resistance, line check

Ok, I´m risking my stack here on a low two-pair hand. How´s my line?

<u>Reads:</u> villain is almost unknown, 27 hands only, he is playing 11 tables, hasn´t done anything special so far.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($30.75)
MP2 ($56.45)
CO ($11.60)
Button ($37.65)
Hero ($26.40)
BB ($20.80)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> I´m not completely sure anymore, but I think MP2 was marked as a target, which is probably why I completed. </font>

Flop: ($1) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

<font color="blue"> Ok, I like the ace, which is what I put him on. When he raises, I think I probably can collect another bet if I just call and let him do the betting. </font>

Turn: ($5) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35.4</font>, Hero calls $10.15 (All-In).

<font color="blue"> Ok, here´s another bet. I raise, hand what the heck, he shoves? So is this like "this is NL25 and I have two-pair" or is this like "he´s playing 11 tables and probably kind of decent, I have to fold"? </font>
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: NL25 low two pair meets resistance, line check

T is a pretty bad turn for you. I think b/f would be a better line in this spot.
As played its pretty sticky. Axh is definitely part of his range but the overbet of the pot always makes me nervous. I don't think folding once you've c/raised is good, you should go with it at this point

This should be an easy decision but it was played so weird with the minraise and everything that you really could get away from it.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:00 AM

Reraise flop. You're most def ahead here but if he has an A there are lots of card you don't want to see. Same for the case that he has a FD or a combo draw...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
T is a pretty bad turn for you. I think b/f would be a better line in this spot.
As played its pretty sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so we´re betting out for, say, $4 and we fold if he says "ok, you like your hand, I like mine better, I bet hard."
But what if he min-raises - fold as well? And what´s the plan if he calls and river doesn´t bring any real news?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise flop. You're most def ahead here but if he has an A there are lots of card you don't want to see. Same for the case that he has a FD or a combo draw...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fold if he comes ai over the top after our flop reraise?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM

I think I like a three bet on the flop to about 6 when its cheaper. I think I fold to a shove. This isn't big ace or even AJ.

Getting over 3:1 to call button's all in but I see this as atleast a better two pair and you only have 4 outs to improve.

Sure does look like that T paired his AT. Over bet on the turn seems like he wants to play for stacks.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM

No. Why should I? I think we def have the best hand here right now.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I like a three bet on the flop to about 6 when its cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

We put in 6, the pot is then 10, and he has to call 4. So he has immediate odds of 10:4 which is like 29% - are those odds acceptable if he is on a draw? How much can we bet the flop w/o folding all weaker hands out, say AT, AJ or so?