Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Bonds won\'t return to Giants

Craig, He didnt write the book...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 AM

FWIW it's worth, I didn't even read the whole book. I did, however, read an excerpt in the NY Times. It's typical if you write a book, you want to be the hero. That is apparently what Beane has done. According to what I read in the Times, Beane is smarter than anyone else. I don't think it will make him popular with the other GMs or the other people in baseball.

craig
Old 09-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Yes, Michael Lewis of "liar's poker" wrote moneyball.

Why didn't the Giants trade bonds away if they were going to do this anyway?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:34 AM

RedBean,

I dunno mang, I thought somewhere along the line you mentioned Philly. Maybe you like a team from there or something and I associated you with being from there. Never mind then.

Oh, and he's totally juicing, I mean it's obvious to anyone who isn't dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 12:39 AM

Tuq,
While we are posting about others posting habits. I'm shocked you didn't make a comment about misclicking on a baseball thread. Also FWIW I saw a story about this on Sportnet (Canadian Channel) Connected (Basically Sportscentre except they don't wear ties and don't sit behind desks to seem casual) they interview a bunch of Bonds teammates who say he is a good guy, leader, etc. Than they get back to the hosts and they say I'm not sure how many of his teammates would say those positive things about him. (paraphrasing) Seriously WTF. Also if that was the angle they were going to take couldn't they at least cherry pick the interview clips.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 AM

Sportscenter had a poll asking viewers if they would want Barry on 'their' team. They then (for whatever reason) divided the responses based on what state the viewer was in. In every state the majority was 'not want on team'. The one that didn't have a 'no' majority was undecided. I assume that everybody was drunk.

craig
Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 AM

Pudge,

Let's just say I look forward to the January - March time frame when the NBA semi-dominates this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This thread had the potential to not be overrun by acronyms and analysis that I couldn't decipher so I read it. I was right, I enjoyed the speculation. I really can't contribute intelligently to it though. If the D'Backs signed him (I mean this is apparently not gonna happen since nobody has mentioned it) I'm not sure how I would feel. I am basically a lab rat trained to hate the man. But RedBean is awesome IMO so this causes me some internal conflict.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

I dunno mang, I thought somewhere along the line you mentioned Philly. Maybe you like a team from there or something and I associated you with being from there. Never mind then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it may be that I absolutely loathe Philly as a city that I mentioned before. Just a terrible place, and all the women look like linebackers.

I'm actually from The Great State of Mississippi, aka the center of the universe, aka the birthplace of legends.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and he's totally juicing, I mean it's obvious to anyone who isn't dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh....even though I know your pulling my chain here, it almost worked.