Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Flamingo LV Poker Dealers are unprofessional & spoiled

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the floorman is the one who breaks games up, dealers dont. and they do break up short tables and create a new one because they dont want that people get bored from playing 5 handed and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
You miss the point. The point here is that is should be the PLAYERS who request the games be combined. If the players are happy playing short-handed, the house absolutely should let it continue and do nothing to screw that up. It helps out the dealers by giving 'em another table to work and earn tokes from, rather than sitting in the break room or sitting at a dead spread. And the house earns more rake by keeping two short tables going. It makes no sense at all for the staff to try to break a game. And as OP pointed out, there are sometimes major downsides to doing it, like losing your limited access to the donating fish. If I'm at a 5-handed table with all rocks, yeah, I'll ask for a table combination. If I'm at a 5-handed table with 3 huge donators I'm saying not a word. It should NOT be the staff coming in breaking things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Far too often it is the staff breaking it up. Often it will be a dealer that gets to go home or a misguided floorman that assumes everyone wants to be at a full table.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. the floorman is a very friendly person, who cares about his players.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure you realize how your misplaced comma affects the meaning of that sentence.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure you realize how your misplaced comma affects the meaning of that sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a native english speaker and it took me about 8 readings of that before I caught on.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:29 PM

I've had occasional issues at the Flamingo also. When this crap starts I leave. Why didn't you? Bally's is right next door, and they don't seem to have these problems and offer basicly the same product.

I've never really had a good experience at the Flamingo, but the last time I went there they at least seemed to be trying. They just couldn't get any decent games going.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a native english speaker and it took me about 8 readings of that before I caught on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, not really. You'd need a period and a question mark to really change it.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time i bet 25$ into a 35$ pot and hoping for a fold, and the dealer miscounts my bet and says that its "20 to call". fortunately villian folds, i take down the pot and dont tip. the dealer says or does nothing about it. he makes a mistake, i dont tip. no complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what you do for a living. And if your boss docks your pay every time you make a trivial mistake that impacts nothing.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Default my view on dealer mistakes, attitude, tips etc

I agree this seems like a trivial mistake. You know I could critique and criticize every dealer all the time, but when I'm playing I don't really care. The dealer can make mistakes and I'm not going to butt in unless it's really critical. I'm not going to stop tipping over a mistake either. Hey, I've made lots of mistakes. Just last week I misread a $25 bet for only being $20. Luckily, I escaped the gallows on that one.

I'm more concerned with the dealer's overall impact on the table. A new dealer who's paying attention and trying hard can make a mistake and that's ok. I'm not going to be a ballbuster over little things while playing (I'm not while dealing either). Dealing is much harder than it looks, as I found out when I was new. Friendliness is also of paramount importance to me, as is appreciation for tips. They don't have to be chatty, but they do need to be friendly. (I don't want inexperienced dealers being chatty at all, less worried about experienced ones as long as they're not constantly screwing up cuz they're talking). And for cripes sakes, say thank you for a friggin' tip. I say thank you for every tip, which equates to saying thousands and thousands and thousands of thank yous every year. I'm ok with that because I do appreciate getting tipped.

Al
Old 10-27-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one time i bet 25$ into a 35$ pot and hoping for a fold, and the dealer miscounts my bet and says that its "20 to call". fortunately villian folds, i take down the pot and dont tip. the dealer says or does nothing about it. he makes a mistake, i dont tip. no complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what you do for a living. And if your boss docks your pay every time you make a trivial mistake that impacts nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all things to stiff for, this is one of the silliest I've ever heard, honestly.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all things to stiff for, this is one of the silliest I've ever heard, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. Dealers miscount bets all the time. Just correct him and get over it.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 PM

I mean dealing isn't really that hard, but it doesn't come with a backspace key. You're also moving a a decent pace, or at least trying to, and multitasking. Plus at 1/2, lol, players are making tons of mistakes you have to keep on what with acting out of turn, posting blinds, etc.