Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 AM

Default NL25 - easy fold??

I called the pre flop raise for set value... stats: 45/4,5/1.6 44hands

his bet was pretty weak, but I made the plan? folding is -EV?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($57.95)
Hero ($32.80)
BB ($23.90)
UTG ($8)
MP ($41.95)
CO ($21.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: NL25 - easy fold??

Why not bet out on the flop?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:53 AM

I think I'd still cbet this flop. Fold to a reraise or proceed with caution if he calls.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet out on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 AM

Hero can't cbet this flop. BB was the final raiser.

If hero bets oop, it's a donk.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:06 AM

I would typically donk this flop, but with these stats the villain's four bet oop makes me feel like he's range got u crushed... If u get raised fold.. His flop bet is weak (but also a typical bet at these stakes with a strong hand).. Any reads on his betting patterns from earlier hands?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would typically donk this flop, but with these stats the villain's four bet oop makes me feel like he's range got u crushed... If u get raised fold.. His flop bet is weak (but also a typical bet at these stakes with a strong hand).. Any reads on his betting patterns from earlier hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

donking this flop sucks...
if you get called what do you want to do?
if he folds well you just folded out a worse hand...
if he raises youīre [censored]...
your main problem is the way you played preflop. you have to make a decision right there. you canīt call for set value and you apparently didnīt want to call for overpair value. why do you call if you fold to a cbet since villain will obv cbet AK and also AA or KK or whatever a high % of the time.
Imo you screwed up preflop big time and that is why you battling on the flop. c/f really sucks though.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 AM

The problem with leading in this situation is that villain can easily fold out the hands that we beat, mainly AK and maybe even TT, as its pretty obvious he has very little fold equity if we bet like $8.

Soo, unless we have been out of line, I think c/f is the best play.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 AM

One thing that is definite is that you cant "just call". You have to either push all in or fold.

Given the preflop action I think it is safe to assume that he either has a monster (like a big pair) or air (like AJ/AK/AQ). An argument could be made for pushing just on the small size of his bet but given how unpredictable these players are with their bet sizing, it doesnt tell us too much.

Remember also that if he has AKdd then you're actually behind. I think I can just fold this one and move on. He only has a 4.5pfr, which means that his 3betting range is likely to be pretty small.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:45 AM

I am struggling with these situations also, after the first replies suggest to donk this flop, the later ones suggest c/f.

But against a range of the other JJ combo, QQ+, AQ, AK you still have like 50% equity. If you are not planning on betting this flop (hoping to take the pot down), then you aren't basically betting any flop without a J.

I read somewhere else that you need to make about 11.6 times your initial investment to justify calling for setvalue. Since you call the 4bet for $2.5, you need to make $30 dollars on average. I think this unrealistic, so then I should suggest folding to 4bet preflop is better.