Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: So, What are you grilling this weekend?

You could just sautee it with the mushrooms and onions (it will give the mushrooms a good flavor.) Don't cook the bacon too long (you probably don't want it crunchy.)

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:25 AM

I wouldn't stuff burgers, but a burger made from ground beef mixed with some finely chopped mushrooms can be tasty.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:31 AM

How could you forget to throw some ribeyes on, too? It's almost sacriledge no to do so. Marinate some one and a half inc thick ribeyes overnight in a simple garlic/soy/worcester marinade, throw 'em on the hot part of the grill, four minutes one side, maybe seven minutes on the other, and you'll be happy. Be sure the meat is room temperature when yoy put 'em on, and make sure you let 'em settle for a few minutes after you take 'em off.

Buy the biggest fresh giant tiger shrimp you can find, don't put anything on 'em at all, put em on, turn 'em after 3 mins., keep an eye on 'em, then eat them with your mouth.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then eat them with your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent advice. Going to buy ribeyes today.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:20 PM

I got some chicken marinading right now-

3 Pieces in just some BBQ sauce(Dinosaur BBQ Honey Garlic), salt, pepper, and some Ms. Dash thing I found, and 3 Lemon Pepper marinade (Olive Oil, lemon juice, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, a little Italian dressing and even less vinegar)

Ill also probably make some burgers, dogs, and my mom some stuffed portobello mushrooms (Marinade with oil, soy sauce, lemon juice (1,2,6 ratio), some salt and pepper. For stuffing I use Fresh Mozz, Ricotta, a little parmesan, some oil, and rosemary. 5 mins on each side, stuff and wait till the cheese melts.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Burgers (don't think I'm going to do anything special with them), some fillets and sirloins, and then cooking up some alaskan king crab legs to go with it
Old 05-27-2007, 03:38 PM

Im going to be cooking baby back ribs with corn and mashed potatoes. I've never made ribs before, so I hope I don't let my guests down. I am Going to cook them low and slow in the oven then finish them on the charcoal grill. Any other rib cooking secrets I should know?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:11 PM

Pretty basic:

Dry-aged NY strips (Whole Foods has 'em, and they're worth the absurd pricing)
Baked potatos
grilled corn on the cob
grilled asparagus

Add some Barolo, and all's right with the world.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a loser and don't have anywhere to go for Memorial Day, so it'll just be me, George Foreman and some kielbasa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuffed hamburger (mozzarella & sauteed mushrooms) ~ turned out so damn yummie
Kielbasa ~ Meh, I bought some local brand and didn't care for it much
Topped it all off with a kosher dill, some mesquite bbq Ruffles and a Newcastle.

I enjoyed my cookout.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:41 AM

We did BBQ chicken and served it with corn on the cob, baked beans, and watermelon. We make our own rub and BBQ sauce tweaking our recipes every time. Sometimes with the sauce I ignore the recipes that we're trying to optimize and just wing it. (No pun intended.) This time I experimented with actually using the syrup from canned cling peaches as the base of the sauce. I thought it would add sweetness and a little unexpected flavor to the sauce. Very simple: finely chopped onion and garlic saute, added the syrup, a nice sherry vinegar maybe 3 tablespoons, between a 1/4 and a 1/2 cup of ketchup, brown sugar tablespoon+, salt, black pepper and cayenne (not enough to give heat, just to round out the flavor). My husband made the rub,so I don't know what he put in. End result was delicious. No pics.

Sometime (today/tomorrow) I will use the leftover chicken to make a chicken salad. I'll add fresh fruit and nuts and serve it over garden fresh lettuce. It's a great use of leftovers. I remove the skin from the chicken but there remains the smoky sweetness in the meat. It's a good meal for a hot day.