Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: NL25 - easy fold??

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that is definite is that you cant "just call". You have to either push all in or fold.

Given the preflop action I think it is safe to assume that he either has a monster (like a big pair) or air (like AJ/AK/AQ). An argument could be made for pushing just on the small size of his bet but given how unpredictable these players are with their bet sizing, it doesnt tell us too much.

Remember also that if he has AKdd then you're actually behind. I think I can just fold this one and move on. He only has a 4.5pfr, which means that his 3betting range is likely to be pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you advise calling preflop though?
you canīt do it for set value obv...
Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 AM

Preflop is close. I would call if I thought there was a chance my Jacks were good, but I wouldn't just call for set value. Obviously pretty read dependant.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:03 AM

You flop a set 1:8.5.
BB starts the hand with 23.90, if we estimate that we get 75% of his stack every time we flop the set: (23.9*0.75 + 4.5)/(2.5)=8.97
Depending on how sure Im about villains 3-betting range in this situation, calling preflop for pure set value could be ok, but its close either way.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:12 AM

how bad is c/c and see if he fires turn again? villian bet tiny, i agree with ama he either has a big pair or ak/aq air type hands. with this low of an af and such a small flop bet can we call and reevaluate turn here ever?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:31 AM

if we cbet 2/3 pot, then we break even by inducing folds if he folds

p*13 -(1-p)*8.7 = 21.7*p -8.7=0 --> p=0.4

if he only holds AK, QQ+, then these are 16+6+6+6=34 holdings. Assuming he will only call with AdKd and QQ+ and not with backdoor draws, he will fold 15 of these, which is 44% of his range. So even then it might be slightly profitable to cbet. This is assuming total rational behaviour of course. Which I find a doubtful assumption, so adding to that that we're out of position, I would fold to 4bet preflop. It's marginal at best post flop.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I called the pre flop raise for set value

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be weak-tight to fold pre-flop after the BB reraise and button fold? You aren't getting much in the way of "set value" since villain's only got about $18 left relative to a $13 pot. Also although you can't rely too much on his stats, villain appears to be a tight raiser relative to his general looseness. Can you put him on a broader range than AK, AA-QQ after a raise and a reraise in front of him? If not your pot equity is poor and not made up for by implied odds if you hit your set. In fact the odds are so poor that his range would have to be really wide to make this worthwhile, in which case a preflop push might be better (if you think his range is so wide).

Once you've decided to call, what was your commitment plan on the flop? You've got a pretty decent flop and ended up folding to a small continuation bet.

You haven't given any of the buttons stats, but would the hand have played any easier if you had just called the button preflop raise?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

donking this flop sucks...
if you get called what do you want to do?
if he folds well you just folded out a worse hand...
if he raises youīre [censored]...
your main problem is the way you played preflop. you have to make a decision right there. you canīt call for set value and you apparently didnīt want to call for overpair value. why do you call if you fold to a cbet since villain will obv cbet AK and also AA or KK or whatever a high % of the time.
Imo you screwed up preflop big time and that is why you battling on the flop. c/f really sucks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that pf is bad, but I think a donk bet here is better than a ch/c when u're in this spot..
The fact that u might fold out a worse hand, is that terrible in this spot? Isn't it better to fold out a worse hand here than to get bluffed out of it?
If he calls u have to play poker with the hand and be on the outlook for timing tells, it might lead u to having to muck this hand on later streets, but it might pick u up a nice pot as well... If u get raised on the flop u fold (without reads)... Are u arguing for ch/c-ing it down? (I know u wouldn't have been in this spot in the first place and neither would I..)
Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I called the pre flop raise for set value

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you've decided to call, what was your commitment plan on the flop? You've got a pretty decent flop and ended up folding to a small continuation bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ow well, I really didnt had the odds to call. Im not pushing in these spots with JJ either, I know that they are not 3betting with worse hands than AA, KK, QQ... even AK and AQ they dont do that...

maybe if we were big stakes my call for set value would be correct...

donk bet is pretty ugly, I dont like making that move... if I bet the flop he will reraise me like 80% of the time with AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ... and I cant call with JJ...

so, I think my mistake was the call PF, btw; even it was a very small bet(c-net) on the flop, I didnt want to put my ships knowing Im probably beaten...

ty all the posts
Old 09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is close. I would call if I thought there was a chance my Jacks were good, but I wouldn't just call for set value. Obviously pretty read dependant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here ? Preflop is easy call for set value only. He has to win about 22$ from the pot and only has to invest 2.5$ more. Even if villain is holding AK it`s +EV IMO.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here ? Preflop is easy call for set value only. He has to win about 22$ from the pot and only has to invest 2.5$ more. Even if villain is holding AK it`s +EV IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what I thought when I was playing the hand... just $2.5 in a big pot... btw, I continue folding on the flop...