Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: peeling 2 streets with a bad pair

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think he would bet a 7 here if hes bad, is that an unfair assumption?

[/ QUOTE ]

So a good player would bet the turn with a 7?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM

some really obvious things would be - like you said, he generally won't bet a 7 here(some will though), and other than that he's gotta have slowplayed something pf, or have 22, 66, 77, 67 to have you beat. possibly could have turned a king but i feel like even that gets checked a lot for whatever reason.

more than anything else, this is such a feel thing, you know that though. sometimes you just kind of intuitively know to call turn/fold riv, sometimes you know to fold turn, and sometimes you know to call down...obviously being a winning player means you're usually right. sometimes other factors make one decision more clear than the other but i feel like posting this hand won't get you what you're looking for. maybe this is enough validation for doing whatever you did though.

some thoughts i have on when you feel like you are 'due' to get played back at are that sometimes you're just fooling yourself and are looking for false justification to call down in marginal spots because you've been beating up on a guy in a bunch of pots or have a bad image. sometimes of course though you are correct in doing so and are actually going to get played back at vs. some guys. it's really hard to comment on in isolation and there is a very fine line between the two imo.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some really obvious things would be - like you said, he generally won't bet a 7 here(some will though), and other than that he's gotta have slowplayed something pf, or have 22, 66, 77, 67 to have you beat. possibly could have turned a king but i feel like even that gets checked a lot for whatever reason.

more than anything else, this is such a feel thing, you know that though. sometimes you just kind of intuitively know to call turn/fold riv, sometimes you know to fold turn, and sometimes you know to call down...obviously being a winning player means you're usually right. sometimes other factors make one decision more clear than the other but i feel like posting this hand won't get you what you're looking for. maybe this is enough validation for doing whatever you did though.

some thoughts i have on when you feel like you are 'due' to get played back at are that sometimes you're just fooling yourself and are looking for false justification to call down in marginal spots because you've been beating up on a guy in a bunch of pots or have a bad image. sometimes of course though you are correct in doing so and are actually going to get played back at vs. some guys. it's really hard to comment on in isolation and there is a very fine line between the two imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

really nice post. i called flop because of his small 3x c/r and turn because tons of hands slow down on the K. youre right though, this is a pretty big "feel" spot and there are tons of hands like this that i havent posted just because of this reason.

riv is standard, im sure.

River: ($950) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $520.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1,040.00</font>, SB calls all-in for $158.00
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM

no offence, but this is pretty horrible imo. you are just gambling on him not having a hand. more often that not he will have a hand and you will lose more than you win.

i was going to write about how 'feel' hands are a lot of crap (imo), and that you should always use your brain rather than your gut instinct, but luckychewy put it so well i would only do a weaker job, in that:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

however, i disagree with the latter half, that you are correct in doing so. just becuase he was bluffing in a particular hand, obv as you know doesn't mean it was correct to call down, so in fact your bad play just got lucky, in that this time he actually had a bad hand. imo instead you should of reraised/folded, rather than calling down.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM

why is rr/folding better than calling down on a board like this?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 PM

sorry a reraise is bad here, i just typed it at the end as i felt i should give a final comment on this hand specifically and a tv programme was starting so i just typed that and left to watch tv.

personally i usually fold here. but if i do peel, i certainly don't peel again. it defies the point of the first peel, if you then miss and he fires again, to then call again.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:21 PM

i wouldnt have peeled on all turn cards, but i thought i had to on a K bc it kind of polarized his range.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 PM

perfect time to check behind the flop.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 PM

if u got a marginal hand and u feel u are due to get played back at, dont bet the flop.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 PM

super standard jfish

callcalalcall

was referring to flop/turn

didnt see river, but ya thats standard too