Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Unintentional Mucking

I was at Caeser's Indiana last night in a fun 2-4-4-8 game. On this particular hand seats 4, 5, & 7 were in at showdown. Seat 7 had bet and raised the whole way. After action was complete, he went to 'toss' his cards over. They got away from him and one of his cards ended up face down mixed in with the muck. His other card was face up. He claimed he had AA. The other two players could not beat AA. Floor was called and she said she would review the tape.

When she came back she said the card that was mucked did indeed flip over, hit the dealers hand, bounce off the rake dropper thing, and flip over into the muck. She was able to see it was an Ace and awarded the pot to seat 7. This was the first time I had seen this happen. Just curious as to anyone's thoughts on the matter.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Unintentional Mucking

The floorperson's story is hard to swallow. Nobody at the table, from any angle, saw that it was an Ace, but the surveillance tape, shot at a wide angle from a distance, could???

If I had money in that pot, I would not concede defeat until I *saw* the cards that beat me, with my own two eyes. This is elementary.

And the most important reason why you shouldn't give the pot to Seat 7: How else is he going to learn that he shouldn't toss his cards anywhere at the showdown?

I swear, from the stories I hear, I don't think there's any way I could play in a region like Indiana, where it seems that nobody in the poker industry knows anything about poker.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear, from the stories I hear, I don't think there's any way I could play in a region like Indiana, where it seems that nobody in the poker industry knows anything about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this differs from playing in Vegas at Monte Carlo how, exactly?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After action was complete, he went to 'toss' his cards over. They got away from him and one of his cards ended up face down mixed in with the muck. His other card was face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know many new player feel that they need to "toss" their cards into the center of the table for some reason, but they don't. Simply turn them over in front of you and PROTECT THEM. Never let them "get away from you", ever. Since the face down card was in the muck and presumably not retrievable, his hand is dead on the spot IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
Floor was called and she said she would review the tape.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would not do this. Expensive lesson learned....
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM

The best hand one. As he was waiting for a ruling, I'm sure he was worried enough to learn his lesson.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best hand one. As he was waiting for a ruling, I'm sure he was worried enough to learn his lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I one with aces wonce too!

sorry couldnt resist [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]