Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Cheap Way To Mark My Chips

As far as Rake goes, its 10% capped at 4 dollars. There is free drinks and its more of a friendly game then anything else. The rake is just to help defray the costs. But the game is pretty much open to anyone.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as Rake goes, its 10% capped at 4 dollars. There is free drinks and its more of a friendly game then anything else. The rake is just to help defray the costs. But the game is pretty much open to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on the "friendly game.. just to defray costs" claim.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 AM

I do make a profit from the game. This game sort of evolved out of a home game that was self dealt and rotated locations. It seemed worth it to everyone to pay a rake and not have to deal with stupid stuff that oftens accompanies a self dealt game. I was a solid winning player in that game (which was uber soft) and none of the orginal players had a problem with the rake structure. The game still maintains the a friendly atmosphere and no one really notices the rake, it would seem. But your right. There is a profit turned on the game. But hey, I just bought a new house and need all the help I can get.

On slow nights we cut the rake in half and I deal and play at the sametime. When its just the regular this has never been a problem. But when new players show, I never play until they seem ok with it. And whenever I play I cut the rake in 1/2.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do make a profit from the game. This game sort of evolved out of a home game that was self dealt and rotated locations. It seemed worth it to everyone to pay a rake and not have to deal with stupid stuff that oftens accompanies a self dealt game. I was a solid winning player in that game (which was uber soft) and none of the orginal players had a problem with the rake structure. The game still maintains the a friendly atmosphere and no one really notices the rake, it would seem. But your right. There is a profit turned on the game. But hey, I just bought a new house and need all the help I can get.

On slow nights we cut the rake in half and I deal and play at the sametime. When its just the regular this has never been a problem. But when new players show, I never play until they seem ok with it. And whenever I play I cut the rake in 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's semi-decent of you, but don't try that "10% is for expenses" line again... you profit from two sources in that game.

Sounds as if your regulars don't mind and/or your underground card room gives them enough value for the money.

Good luck
Old 06-09-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a sweet deal you've got going there. I wonder how many people stop to think about how much money goes into the rake over the course of a night.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

y r u still using dice chips in a RAKED game. thats pathetic
Old 06-09-2006, 10:48 PM

LMAO @ a raked home game

for the love of the game...hahahhaha

10 bucks and my left nut says this idiot has been losing his ass just playing the game straight up

losing your ass ? NO PROBLEM !! add rake...hahahaha
Old 06-09-2006, 10:50 PM

There are a few people on ebay who sell custom made stickers you can have printed and sent to you. I have about 5000 chips and they are all custom stickered. They do a nice job. I uploaded some images. Maybe next time I will post some pictures of my chips.

-J
Old 06-11-2006, 03:45 AM

Here is an image of my chips with the stickers I bought from ebay. The guy really does a good job. The parrot images are mine and I sent them to the label maker, so you can do any kind of labels you want. I was happy with them.
enjoy
-j
Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 AM

That's definitely not the worst design I've ever seen. I have to question why exactly you needed ten denominations, including a 2, 10, and seemingly triple-valued pink chip. What games do you spread that make good use of 2s and 10s? Why did you print three values on the pink instead of making it a non-denom? Do the three values confuse your players any more than a chip with no denom would?