Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Cheap Way To Mark My Chips

I am starting to run a small raked game at my house and am looking for a way to mark my chips so they cannot be easily counterfeited (sp). I have a standard set of the "dice" chips. I was thinking just printing stickers with denominations on them would work, but I don't know how to go about doing this. Eventually I would like to purchase a custom set, but that is not an option right now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Scott
Old 06-05-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Cheap Way To Mark My Chips

There are sites out there that sell the stickers, with you design on them, just google them.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM

http://www.bestpokerchiplabels.com/
Old 06-05-2006, 03:31 PM

I don't know if Jason still does labels, but they were about 2 1/2 cents per label

jasone@verizon.net
Old 06-05-2006, 05:24 PM

The best thing to do would be to customize your chips with vinyl stickers. However, I think you're going to find that it's a real PITA to sticker both sides of two chips if you have a lot. (Centering and aligning them can be a bitch -- it's worth it though).

Also, if you're really concerned about cheating, you have to devise an elaborate design, to defer the counterfeiters you're worried about. (simple numbers could be duplicated).

The cheapest way for a single game, would be to get small rectangular tab stickers, and print a different 'wingding' or other unique mark on the stickers changing for each denomination. Then sticker one side of each chip (don't worry about centering, this is only security) with the appropriate sticker.

Next time you run a tourney resticker them. This is still a pain, but should be doable, and provides you as good security with common chips as you're going to get.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Watch players carefully. Use stickers. Make sure the $ is balanced at the end of the night always.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:57 AM

Find some Avery round stickers of the right size at Office Depot or where ever. Then search Avery.com for the catalog number and get the template I found these but the webiste was acting up so I couldn't find the exact type I used, but they were like this. Anyways, they have templates that allow you to design your label then just throw the sheets in your printer.

Here is an example of what I made, you can just barely see the edge of the sticker.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM

If you don't mind, what are your limits and rake structure? How do you handle security (if the game is big enough to warrent)?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 PM

If you want to spend $100 on a setup fee at 5stardeal, you can get some hot stamped super diamonds for .10 each:

http://www.homepokertour.com/graphics/hotstamp3.jpg
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM

Depending on the day and who shows up we spread from .25 - .50 to 1-2 no limit. Just small stakes stuff. We cap the buy in at 200 BBs. As far as security, we have never had a problem. There is a firearm on the premises if needed.