FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ban NosotrosUSA ??
YES! 45 64.29%
NO! 7 10.00%
BASTARD! 18 25.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Politics low content thread

I am generally really (like insanely and annoyingly) picky when it comes to stuff like aesthetics and buying clothes/shoes/furniture or anything where decisions are possible, and I have never really liked SG guitars at all... but wow the first time I saw a picture of the elliot easton sg I INSTANTLY wanted one. I think the only time I have ever had a more positive reaction to seeing a guitar is when I first saw the 63 double bound tele that frusciante uses, but this is perfection. I have seen it in a shop and it is ridiculous how well the fretboard and headstock inlays stand out well and go with the light blue/black/silver colorway. I also think it being asymmetrical is part of why I like it so much, in the huge majority of SGs the little horns mirror each other and that has always looked kind of goofy to me. My top two are still the 63 double bound tele followed a dull white or very light blue strat (I greatly prefer single coils to humbuckers in general), but wow, what a [censored] guitar. Whenever I have 5k to kick around, this is bought instantly.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 AM

owsley

Dont know much about guitars but that one is very eye catching.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Strange, I envisioned you resembling Noah Joakim (or whatever his name is). Avatars do that to me. Instead you look like a regular white guy with a slightly larger than average head. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am generally really (like insanely and annoyingly) picky when it comes to stuff like aesthetics and buying clothes/shoes/furniture or anything where decisions are possible, and I have never really liked SG guitars at all... but wow the first time I saw a picture of the elliot easton sg I INSTANTLY wanted one. I think the only time I have ever had a more positive reaction to seeing a guitar is when I first saw the 63 double bound tele that frusciante uses, but this is perfection. I have seen it in a shop and it is ridiculous how well the fretboard and headstock inlays stand out well and go with the light blue/black/silver colorway. I also think it being asymmetrical is part of why I like it so much, in the huge majority of SGs the little horns mirror each other and that has always looked kind of goofy to me. My top two are still the 63 double bound tele followed a dull white or very light blue strat (I greatly prefer single coils to humbuckers in general), but wow, what a [censored] guitar. Whenever I have 5k to kick around, this is bought instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like the way Gibson does tremelo bars. They suck, other than that, that is one sweet axe. I personally prefer Strats, but I'll take it.

I'd still prefer the Angus Young model to that one though.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 AM

I really do need to change my avatar but thank God I'm better looking than him (not setting the bar real high I know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), and yes, yes I do have a large melon. Need something to contain all this brainpower ya' know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM

cute family, vulture
Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cute family, vulture

[/ QUOTE ]

foal,

Thanks. Definitely luckboxed my way into marrying a cool lady and we've been fortunate enough to have 4 healthy kids. They're smart as whips too but I dont want to start bragging. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep hoping "some mod" will rein in all these fido pics. In fact maybe the thread title should have a "NSFC" warning (not safe for cats). However doubtless the cat crowd will be here soon to remedy the current disproportionate representation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM

Wait, did you send dog spooge to france?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 AM

Well, as seems to be the trend: My former kitty cat (RIP, he had blood clots, it was very very sad putting him to "sleep") He was apparently as bored as I was with my history homework :P Seems like it'd make a good lolcat, I don't know.

And my beloved Les Paul, which has been the focus of my life (along with poker) for quite some time now.