Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Blind battle

Villain just sat down, but I've seen him sitting at a bunch of other tables, so I assume he's TAG.

I often feel like I spew too much in these spots. Is preflop OK? c/r flop? Bet turn? (I fear, that he could be trapping here).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($308)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($298.80)</font>
UTG ($196)
MP ($369.25)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($161.55)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $23</font>, Hero calls $17.

Flop: ($47) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $31</font>, Hero calls $31.

Turn: ($109) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($109) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>,
Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Blind battle

ill just say i never know what to do on flops vs a 3bettor.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:04 PM

Pre-flop is fine with his deep stack.

Flop is fine since AQs+ is in his range. 4 AQs, 4 AKs, 16 AKo... 24 combos... vs 18 combos of QQ+. He could be 3-betting lighter than that, but that's tough to know without a read.

His check on the turn could mean that you're ahead, but I'd probably check through it, too. I'd hate to have to fold to a c/r on the turn, and I would fold if c/r'ed.

River bet looks good... small enough to look like a probe.. might entice him into a raise if he's got AA/KK. I'd call his push and 4-bet push if he does something weird like min-raise.

If he's got 99 oh well... he lucked out that the cards gave you a hand to go broke with.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you notice Hero's much smaller stack?

Is this a proper place to apply the 5 and 10 rule?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Preflop is terrible. Fold.

Flop is fine as played. I assume you're folding turn or what was your plan other than just mashing call 2x?

River is fine.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is fine since AQs+ is in his range. 4 AQs, 4 AKs, 16 AKo... 24 combos... vs 18 combos of QQ+. He could be 3-betting lighter than that, but that's tough to know without a read.

His check on the turn could mean that you're ahead, but I'd probably check through it, too. I'd hate to have to fold to a c/r on the turn, and I would fold if c/r'ed.

River bet looks good... small enough to look like a probe.. might entice him into a raise if he's got AA/KK. I'd call his push and 4-bet push if he does something weird like min-raise.

If he's got 99 oh well... he lucked out that the cards gave you a hand to go broke with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a nit, but the 16 AKo is actually 12 AKo, because you have double counted the 4 AKs. Right? This makes things somewhat closer in the calculations.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a nit, but the 16 AKo is actually 12 AKo, because you have double counted the 4 AKs. Right? This makes things somewhat closer in the calculations.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo is in his range as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Effective stacks preflop are 161, not the 300 that the deep stack has. Fold preflop. This is a major error.

Failing that, fold the flop. You have a small hand and the pot is getting large. That's not good for you.