Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

What additional poker software have you been using? I've always wondered if people are making useful stuff like PokerTracker as a trojan for keyloggers and the like (not that I think that PokerTracker is unsafe).
Old 03-28-2007, 06:35 PM

good point. wasn't one of the hold-em calculators or something found to contain some sort of key-logger about a year ago?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good point. wasn't one of the hold-em calculators or something found to contain some sort of key-logger about a year ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

here is the rundown
Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What additional poker software have you been using? I've always wondered if people are making useful stuff like PokerTracker as a trojan for keyloggers and the like (not that I think that PokerTracker is unsafe).

[/ QUOTE ]

Only other poker software that I have installed is pokertracker, which I rarely use.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll definitely only be playing on sites that have phone security numbers in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

shahmat - Pokerstars does not have phone-support. Yet I trust them significantly more.
They aren't perfect. But if you e-mail them with a big ATTENTION - EMERGENCY type subject-line it shouldn't take very long at all to get a response and get action taken.

Again, they aren't perfect. Greg Raymer had his account hacked there a couple weeks ago and one wonders if the situation could have been cleared up as easily if it wasn't an official Stars-rep player like him.

But they are much better about support at least even without a phone-number (although I would sure like it if they got one. That would make them even better).

[/ QUOTE ]

If stars had 6max higher stakes tables, that would definitely be my site of choice.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:18 PM

okay. was just mentioning it because you were brought up the 'no phone-support' angle but Stars does pretty decently even without it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(5) If you do happen to catch the hackers in time, FTP has no phone support so your email will be in queue with every other email and they won't be able to shut down your account before your money is gone anyway.
(6) FTP takes no responsibility for the money they are holding for you.
(7) Though they will apologize, they don't seem to provide any help in identifying how you were hacked or how your money was lost.

Did I miss anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just sick when I couldn't get anyone on the phone and had to sit at my computer waiting for an email response. That was one of the worst parts of it all, I'll definitely only be playing on sites that have phone security numbers in the future.

In regard to #7 there they did give me details on who accessed my account. City locations and IP Addresses and that was it. They did not tell me how they verified that no chip dumping was going on, any links to the IP Addresses or any other irregular players playing against me and winning. Also from what I can tell they have pretty much done with it now after 2 days, they don't seem to care anymore, they have not mentioned filing any charges or getting police to look into it. They haven't even responded to questions that I sent them yesterday. I have filed a report with the police on my own, and it also doesn't sound very promising.

[/ QUOTE ]

File a report with your local FBI office. They have much better resources than local police to track IP's and such. There are also some super high tech private investigator firms that you could look into also.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM

I was looking at http://www.anti-spy.info/.

It claims to seek out trojans, keyloggers etc.

and Prevents them in the future.

Theres a free trail and the program costs like $29.

anyone ever try it before?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM

By any chance did any1 email you asking to go over there hand history recently? Did you download any type of executable files recently even from freinds?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at http://www.anti-spy.info/.

It claims to seek out trojans, keyloggers etc.

and Prevents them in the future.

Theres a free trail and the program costs like $29.

anyone ever try it before?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never heard of that one, and I'm not a computer guru but I would go with Webroot's Spysweeper. It's the same price and I think they still have a free trial. It scans for all of the same stuff and has real time protection to prevent spyware from infecting your computer. It's one of the more popular anti spyware programs.