Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: What Movies Have You Watched Recently?

I watched Little Miss Sunshine last night.
I thought it was quirky and delightful and had several laugh out loud moments.
I knew very little about it going into it and was surprised by a few things.

I am sure I will be watching it again with Utah this weekend(he fell asleep during the first run [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 03-03-2007, 01:31 PM

Oh great pic, Mrs. Utah. Luv that van! I once went cross country in a van like that. Scary.

Love Abigail Breslin in this and oh yeah, Greg Kinnear is a great actor!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:01 PM

Well, IMO, Moore made 2 great Bond films. The Spy who Loved Me, which Blarg doesn't agree with me about, and Live and Let Die, which I think he does like. Moore is definitely the coolest he ever was as Bond in LALD.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:08 PM

Thunderball was massively fun on an epic scale of fun-ness. Definitely very silly at times and a little too full of preposterous coincidence. But being even a less than top notch Connery Bond gives it a status at the top of the Bonds. And it definitely deserves to be there for the pure fun of it. Also, the Bond girl in this one is truly fantastic and probably one of the most beautiful, sexy women I have ever seen in the movies.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:13 PM

I thought Live and Let Die was a surprisingly strong contender and by far Moore's best job. The Spy Who Loved Me struck me as sucky. It's also probably the most guilty of the Bond business of having little, or in this case nothing, to do with the book.

Because of the Moore Bonds, I always thought he was a sucky actor, but he did surprise the heck out of me by being very good in another movie -- I forget what it was about, but he had a beard, and I think it came out in the 80's. So Moore is capable of reasonable work, just unlikely to manifest that capability.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the Bond girl in this one is truly fantastic and probably one of the most beautiful, sexy women I have ever seen in the movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Domino, played by Claudine Auger or Fiona Volpe, played by Luciana Paluzzi?

I prefered Luciana myself
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Claudine Auger. The pics at Wiki and IMDB don't do justice to how hot she was in the film.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM

Infernal Affairs: Went into this with high expectations, and I think the motivation of the characters and the sense that the characters could be real is even weaker than in The Departed. I thought The Departed was flawed, but I think it's better than this source material.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 AM

Thunderball : IMDB : 1965 : While there was some resentment to Thunderball earlier in the thread, it still is a good movie. The obsession with sharks in Bond films is amusing. The plot is your standard Bond film.

Plot: When a British Vulcan bomber is stolen with two atomic bombs on board, James Bond is one step ahead of his fellow agents when they are assigned to track down the aircraft. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. then announce that they have the plane and will detonate the bombs unless 100 million worth of uncut diamonds are delivered. He tracks the plane down to the Bahamas but still has to deal with the deadly Emilio Largo.

Die Another Day : IMDB : 2002 : I enjoy Brosnan as Bond, most likely because this is my generation's Bond (excluding Tomorrow Never Dies and Craig is the next generation) An action filled movie. Very much of a more modern take on the series. Halle Berry is an alright Bond girl. A top notch Bond film for those accepting of other than Connery as the only Bond.

Plot: After being incarcerated and tortured while on a mission in North Korea, Bond is traded for a psychotic terrorist and released back to M16, only to be accused of giving information. Bond escapes and goes after Zao, a deranged terrorist who knows who betrayed Bond to the North Koreans. Bond chases Zao around the globe and to a shady billionaire and a plot to change the world. But bond soon discovers that no one is who they seem to be...

Old 03-04-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Infernal Affairs: Went into this with high expectations, and I think the motivation of the characters and the sense that the characters could be real is even weaker than in The Departed. I thought The Departed was flawed, but I think it's better than this source material.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't even able to get through The Departed. I think it's the most disappointing Scorcese film I've ever seen. I was able to sit through Infernal Affairs and enjoyed it, though it had plenty of flaws and many of the characters were wooden.
Closed Thread