Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 AM

Default L O/8: looking for affirmation

In a 0.25/0.50 limit game last night I was in early position with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I call, it gets raised, re-raised once more and eight people see the flop.

Flop comes 8-5-2 all spades giving me the nut flush. Betting gets capped with 6 people still in the hand. Then the turn comes: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pairing the board.

I fold to a bet knowing that both this round and the river will be capped (and they were). The remaining 5 players all stay in for the duration. The river was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The winning high? Queen high flush! I threw away the best hand losing a big pot. DOH! So here is my question, when the turn paired the board was folding the correct play (+EV)? Five players still in, I assumed someone had to have a boat, or at least will hit one with another card to come. Please tell me my logic is correct.

Going with the above scenario, what if the turn was a blank and the river pairs the board? Should I fold assuming someone hit a boat now that I'm more committed to the pot?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: L O/8: looking for affirmation

with that many players in the pot you have to assume that someone has a FH and you are playing for only half the pot anyway. together with the assumption that the turn will be capped thats a pretty easy fold id say.

for the river i think its a question of how many bets youd have to call. id definately call one bet but most likely would fold for 2 or more.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: L O/8: looking for affirmation

I would see a showdown if the turn and river don't get raised. Once people start jamming, you have to think that your flush is no good and you have no low, so you're playing for half.