Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Playing from same IP @ Stars MTT OK?

Does Pokerstars allow two players to play from the same IP in multi table tournaments (WCoop in specific)?

Sorry if this question has been discussed a million times before, I just need a quick answer please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Playing from same IP @ Stars MTT OK?

sure it's no problem, just don't multiaccount

edit: i cant spell
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sure it's not problem, just don't multiaccount

[/ QUOTE ]

sure... Just me and my friend considering entering the same tournament. Just want to make sure we're not breaking the Terms of service.

Still... How can stars differ multiaccounting from this? What brought Zeejustin down?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure... Just me and my friend considering entering the same tournament. Just want to make sure we're not breaking the Terms of service.

Still... How can stars differ multiaccounting from this? What brought Zeejustin down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play from the same house as a good friend regularly (on the same IP adress). Sometimes even mroe people play. We also enter the same MTTs. We simply play fair and do not take any extra advantage out of additional information that could be available to us (in the rare event you end up at the same table, playing in the same room).

If stars would ever question any of our plays, we would be completely transparent and have nothing to hide.

So if they'd investigate, say because one of us won big while haveing been seated with another player from the same IP address for a while, they could simply evaluate our plays, and look at the history of our accounts, to see that nothing suspicious / disallowed was going on.

Party once investigated a win from one of us, when 3 of us entered a mtt from the same IP adress, and one took it down. They were asking tricky questions actually, like calling one of the persons who entered (but didnt win), asking him 'So you won a mtt on our site last week?', and calling the winner, asking him a few times for his account name, while suggesting it was one of the others.

We told them the truth about how the tourney went down, who were there, etc and they cleared the winner from any suspicion.

edit: i still cant spell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what you want to do is not a problem. zeejustin got caught because he logged on to several accounts from one computer. many players "legitimately" play from the same IP often.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 AM

fwiw, on a related point: I've been playing on PokerStars practically since they started up. I don't know what their policies are now; but back then I recall that I had to send them an email in order to open up a separate account for my wife (since we would obviously be mostly playing from the same IP address). They've probably loosened up the reins since then--I'm sure that multiple (legitimate) players coming in from the same IP address is a much more common occurrence nowadays--roommates sharing living quarters, even multiple players from public WiFi spots, like in an airport or a Starbucks.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM

I often play with my friends on Stars at my place from the same ip.

Most of the times this is possible but they dont allow you to play on sit and go's with the same ip. you then get a message like: cannot register because there is already a player with the same ip registered.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Me and my roommate a couple years ago would play from the same IP in some tournaments. I even emailed PS asking if this was a problem.

They said thanks for letting us know, and it won't be a problem.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 AM

It's been mentioned above, but worth mentioning again: They don't seem to have a problem with it. My wife & I often play the same MTTs. When we first setup the accounts I sent them an email with both of our account information and asked if there would be any problem playing in the same MTTs. Their response (and I'm paraphrasing here - it was a few years ago) was: "Our software is designed to prevent players from the same IP sitting at the same table as long as possible. Should the both of you reach the final table we wish you both good luck!"

So I would definitely recommend sending support an email and letting them know up front.