Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Sklansky Hand Rankings Destroyed! >=)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This theory is very close to the "Get Smart" theory about life. In that TV series the good organization was "Control" and the bad guys were "Chaos". Control always won - but they always did things the wrong way and just kind of lucked into their victories. The star of that show, Don Adams, never was able to parlay his one TV series success into stardom just as I am afraid that you will never be able to win with your fantasy theory anywhere outside of that heads up $1 game with your brother. I think you have a shot against your brother because, my guess is that he shares some of your genes.

[/ QUOTE ]He will have to wear his brothers jeans if he plays poker like this, he wont have any money for his own. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, I played a freeroll today in a field of 200 players, came out in 6th place (intentionally again, as one player was continually disconnected for 2-3 mins every single hand at the final table, so i went out with a bang and took the $5). I was the chip leader (my stack was three times the size of the 2nd place stack) the entire time of the tournament until I got to the final table.

Proof of these statements can be verified if you want. I can simply request a hand history, load the data from pokeroffice, or show screenshots if the truth of my claim is challenged.

So... I must be doing something right in order to be such a superior and dominant player.

To quote one of my opponents: "You should be out of this tournament by now. You are so lucky."

I knocked out 40-50 of the players in the tournament in situations where I was significantly dominated (by Sklansky's system that is).

The underlying philosophy of my post is what guided me so successfully in this tournament. True, I make clever bluffs, intuitive reads, and testicle-requiring calls - so skill and experience definitely gives me an advantage over most players. However, I repeat... my fundamental theory is what makes my poker game what it is. (and that is a winning game)