Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Don\'t we need more immigrants?

[ QUOTE ]
The reason you enforce bad laws is because its the law. If they are bad you change them in the proper manner. But whether they are bad or not you still enforce them. But if you won't enforce the law why reform them at all? Just to have new laws to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the difference between "reforming" bad laws (which you apparently oppose) and "changing them in the proper manner" (which you support)?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM

I'm not saying I oppose reforming bad laws. I'm saying the law is the law good or bad they must be enforced.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason you enforce bad laws is because its the law. If they are bad you change them in the proper manner. But whether they are bad or not you still enforce them. But if you won't enforce the law why reform them at all? Just to have new laws to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring a law is another method of enforcing the law. Case law shows us that.

Of course there are some absurd and stupid laws all over the country which have not been repealed no matter how absurd they are. Example: In Tucson, AZ, there is a law on the books which says women can't wear pants. I have never heard of anyone getting arrested under this statute and if one were, I don't know who would get ridiculed more.

ignoring bad laws>>>>enforcing bad laws.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:40 PM

All I have to say is...OH BROTHER!
Now I`m going to play some online poker.
Good day all.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be oppposed to illegal immigration, but than I realized that our country prospers when we have slaves, or near slaves, be it black, irish/italian, or mexicans, so I have changed my tune. If mexicans want to come across the boarder, since Im in a perfect position to get rich off them and take advatage of them, I have no problem with it anymore. We should have some kind of check-in system though as, there are actual terrorists trying to cross (Im pretty sure last week we got 2 iraqi terrorists trying to cross)

[/ QUOTE ]

Although perhaps not the best way to word this, this is EXACTLY correct, and it is shocking to me that more Americans don't see this. Is it because most Americans are not in a position to take advantage of the immigrants? Because I think that most Americans probably are, although they might not realize it.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I oppose reforming bad laws. I'm saying the law is the law good or bad they must be enforced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or changed.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I have to say is...OH BROTHER!
Now I`m going to play some online poker.
Good day all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for trolling, stop by again.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be oppposed to illegal immigration, but than I realized that our country prospers when we have slaves, or near slaves, be it black, irish/italian, or mexicans, so I have changed my tune. If mexicans want to come across the boarder, since Im in a perfect position to get rich off them and take advatage of them, I have no problem with it anymore. We should have some kind of check-in system though as, there are actual terrorists trying to cross (Im pretty sure last week we got 2 iraqi terrorists trying to cross)

[/ QUOTE ]

Although perhaps not the best way to word this, this is EXACTLY correct, and it is shocking to me that more Americans don't see this. Is it because most Americans are not in a position to take advantage of the immigrants? Because I think that most Americans probably are, although they might not realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont necessarily think every american, or even that many really are in a position to "directly" profit off of mexicans, but the driving forces behind our economy are. the libs are too busy making sure that everyone knows how PC they are by sticking up for brown people, and the republicans in power pretty much see things as I do, but the "normal" republicans are brainwashed, into thinking that they are stealing jobs/dont see the benefits of slave labor.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:14 PM

I know you're not being literal when you call it slave labor, but I still want to point out that African slaves were captured and brought here in chains, whereas illegal immigrants are bending over backward, risking prison and death just to get here.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont necessarily think every american, or even that many really are in a position to "directly" profit off of mexicans, but the driving forces behind our economy are. the libs are too busy making sure that everyone knows how PC they are by sticking up for brown people, and the republicans in power pretty much see things as I do, but the "normal" republicans are brainwashed, into thinking that they are stealing jobs/dont see the benefits of slave labor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much agree. I never said 'directly' benefit, and thats probably a good point, since its the short-term, narrow view that I hear many people take, thinking that somehow this is going to be a bad thing, and very few people talking about how, indirectly perhaps but still very realistically, its going to help. The Dems are correct, it is going to help the 'brown' people, but thats an unintended consequence of helping Americans. Of course, by focusing on the PC issues, they scare all of the PC-hating public into thinking this is some new sort of welfare program, "Give all our jobs to Mexicans, they need them more than you do."

I'm not sure what true conservatives you are talking about, that are pro-immigration, but maybe some of them should start being more public with their views. None of the Repub talking heads I hear ever do anything but fear-monger and paint immigration as an imminent threat.