Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Conspire`s 9/11 Conspiracies

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I have been remiss to have gone this deep into your thread without also adding my compliments to your avatar. It's beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be an avatar buzzkill, but can we get some sort of proof of age on that plz?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow exactly what did I do to make u feel this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely nothing. Don't take it personally.

I thought I could convince a few people who considered the conspiracy side of things, to reconsider. As the thread progressed, I saw how dug in many people are to their position, and that I had vastly underestimated how much misinformation is floating around out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the really awful part about pursuing these types of conspiracies is that you're attempting to villainize an organization that already factually commits horrible, villainous acts every day of it's existence. Instead of focusing on these acts, people delude themselves into believing their own castle in the sky and chase it down. No wonder the people who are appalled by the legitimately awful things that the government does on a regular basis are looked at with a cocked eyebrow and then laughed off. We're lumped in with the conspiracy nuts and ignored.

Oh, and conspire, use paragraphs in your writing and stop using IM speak in your posts - the writing style reads as either very unintelligent or extremely ignorant. I know that it's a 'standard' within your generation, but poorly-written is no way to go through life.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM

I generally scorn conspiracy theories, but Flight 93 in particular has always bothered me.

Picture the scenario:

Planes already hit WTC and Pentagon.
Fighter jets scrambled.
Flight 93 hijacked and apparently on its way to attack another target.

Now, what makes a more feel-good story for the American people:

1. US Air Force shoots down a passenger jet filled with civilians?
2. Passengers on hijacked jet heroically fight back and bring down the jet, sacrificing themselves to save untold others?

Given reports I've read from eyewitnesses in the area, it seems extremely possible that the jet was shot down, and the "Let's Roll" phone call was used to fabricate a more palatable story.

Not sure why people think it landed - as conspiracies go, it being shot down seems to make more sense given the events of the day.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given reports I've read from eyewitnesses in the area, it seems extremely possible that the jet was shot down, and the "Let's Roll" phone call was used to fabricate a more palatable story.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be interested in the eyewitness accounts, but basically they're either going to say a plane crashed or did not crash. Very binary. As for the "let's roll" thing, that implies a whole 'nother layer of conspiracy - by the families of the dead - which seems implausible to me.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the "let's roll" thing, that implies a whole 'nother layer of conspiracy - by the families of the dead - which seems implausible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily... I don't doubt the "let's roll" call was actually made. Does that mean they actually succeeded in getting into the cockpit and forcing down the plane? Not necessarily.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the "let's roll" thing, that implies a whole 'nother layer of conspiracy - by the families of the dead - which seems implausible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why couldn't both have happened - the "let's roll" call was made, they barreled into the cockpit just as the plane was being shot down? Even if the guys were successful in overthrowing their captors, the chances of them landing the plane with no experience would be slim to none. Knowing this, and given the remote area which 93 (apparently) went down, it seems almost a given the plane was taken down by our side. The "good of the one isn't bigger than the good of the many" thing. I'd heard 93 was headed towards the Sears Tower in Chicago, but a security guard acquaintance of mine was working the RenCen in Detroit on 9-11, and they were told to start evacuating people. If 93 doesn't somehow crash or get shot down on the way to one of these supposed targets, a bunch more people were in danger than were in that plane. It ain't pretty but it makes sense.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:52 PM

You both make good points. Thanks.

I think I was letting my head get wrapped around the whole "landed safely" thing and wasn't addressing the possibility that it got shot down. THAT is a theory I could buy into fairly easily barring evidence to the contrary.

I had to go to BBV4L last night and troll Conspire to get him back here on the flight 93 thing, but he still hasn't delivered on this matter.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that it has been shown that cell phones can work as high as 50K feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 2001?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

[/ QUOTE ]

It is now 2007, and I can't get cell phone service in my bedroom.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 PM

There is zero reason to believe that 93 landed safely. I don't think we'll ever know the last 15 minutes of what happened with regard to being shot down or not. Didn't the black box indicate lot of yelling in the cockpit prior to the crash?

I'm inclined to say it was shot down and I think they were justified in doing so. It was well known at that time that three planes had already hit their target and this was on its way to a fourth. Knowing that all onboard were going to die either way, better to take out a giant field than the Capitol/White House or wherever it was headed.

BTW, the Pentagon was a really dumb target seeing that it's one of the stongest buildings ever built.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:24 PM

One thing that disturbs me is that OP says that the Elite of the Towers were not at work yet. I have a hard time believing that these people knew they were going to lose a building, their business, and their employees. I know people like to think that CEOs are heartless, but no human could sleep easy at night knowing that they knew. Someone would have said something by now, no matter how much money is involved.

For the posters that I never seen before: The Lounge is truly an excellent forum, I hope that you take the time to join us in out other discussions.