Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Does this happen to anyone else? Dream/sorta awake/ghost? related

From time to time Ill wake up shortly(anywhere between 15 minutes-2 hrs) after going to sleep.

In the groggy post sleep state Ill see things...human forms sometimes, deformed human forms, but mostly things that are quite strange but after the fact I couldnt describe.

They will frequently be moving and they tend to go away fairly quickly.

This has been happening on and off now for the better part of my life. Used to freak me out as a kid, now it doesnt really bother me anymore. Although maybe it should.

Im prob not doing a very good job of describing it and most likely it makes me sound loony.

But anyone else experience anything like this?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else? Dream/sorta awake/ghost related

[ QUOTE ]
From time to time Ill wake up shortly(anywhere between 15 minutes-2 hrs) after going to sleep.

In the groggy post sleep state Ill see things...human forms sometimes, deformed human forms, but mostly things that are quite strange but after the fact I couldnt describe.

This has been happening on and off now for the better part of my life. Used to freak me out as a kid, now it doesnt really bother me anymore. Although maybe it should.

Im prob not doing a very good job of describing it and most likely it makes me sound loony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aliens have been abducting you and performing medical experiments on you. You need to be put under hypnosis to recover the memories that the aliens have been suppressing.

Okay, I'm kidding. This is fairly common, and a lot of people think that this is exactly the kind of experience that leads to the alien abduction stories. It is pretty well established that attempting to "recover" memories through hypnosis is more likely to plant false memories than recover real ones. Especially if the hypnotist has a preconceived idea that something happened and is determined to "recover" those memories.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Nope. Sounds as if you're a dude who can see strange stuff like that kid in that sixth sense movie. That or you should stop drinking red cordial before you go to bed.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aliens have been abducting you and performing medical experiments on you. You need to be put under hypnosis to recover the memories that the aliens have been suppressing.

Okay, I'm kidding. This is fairly common, and a lot of people think that this is exactly the kind of experience that leads to the alien abduction stories. It is pretty well established that attempting to "recover" memories through hypnosis is more likely to plant false memories than recover real ones. Especially if the hypnotist has a preconceived idea that something happened and is determined to "recover" those memories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...what would I search to learn more about it?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Sounds as if you're a dude who can see strange stuff like that kid in that sixth sense movie. That or you should stop drinking red cordial before you go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh...Im not much of a drinker...or drug user for that matter. So we can rule those out.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the internet?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...thanks. Im astonished by your willingness to help.

Lets try again.

Whats it called?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else? Dream/sorta awake/ghost? related

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your waking up from REM sleep and your mind is [censored] w/ you. You are having a hard time deciphering reality and whats in your head so they overlap.

This is fairly common.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...thanks. Im astonished by your willingness to help.

Lets try again.

Whats it called?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the appendix of bbv4l -- "The Internet" -- OOT is part of it. Basically it's a large virtual place with lotsa virtual stuff and virtual people. Information (good and bad) is also spread there. It was created by Pooptoad, but nowadays pooptoad only cares about bbv4l.

There is one deceivingly small looking place: http://www.google.com -- finds stuff you search for. Enter some basic keywords, hit the search button, profit - or not. Just give it a try.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else? Dream/sorta awake/ghost? related

Yup.