Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The better flick is:
Firefox 3 42.86%
Coogan's Bluff 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to gives us Homework.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful what you ask for Nielsio. Last time you cried about undermodding, we got mods that banned you every time you posted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nielsio reminds me of the kid at school that said, "Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to give us homework." I suspect he had many atomic wedgies when he was in school....which I say to those bullies:
"Thank you, but you did not do enough".

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't like you and hopes that you underwent physical pain at the hands of your classmates as a kid, and also feels that you deserved more for having an opinion contrary to his.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
If they had only given you a few more "atomic wedgies", then perhaps ALL OF US (especially you), would be better off.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM

I'm locking this thread for the rest of the day. Hopefully tomorrow you guys will stop talking about how other users suck and start talking about how I suck. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: About This Forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"If he was unable to develop a more robust response during the Clinton years, he would only be able to blame himself. He was in charge of counterterrorism during those 8 years. How could the Bush administration be to blame in 8 months for the previous administration's failure over 8 years to truly declare war on al-Qaida? "

Condoleeza Rice on Richard Clarke's attempts at rewriting history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the word truly. She does not even object that he waged war on them. GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it isnt "truly" war, its something other than war. FTW
Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. One involves voluntary participation and one does not. Makes it completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]
A person can voluntarily renounce their US citizenship and voluntarily immigrate to another country that will take them. This has happen many times before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another country that has the exact same or worse deal as the U.S. Sorry, no dice, it's not voluntary. Not only can you go find a different message board if you don't like the rules, but you can even start your own. The day I can go off and start my own country is the day your comparison makes sense. AC isn't about not having rules, it's about not having rules forced upon you when you don't have the option to go elsewhere and do your own thing. No other country is allowing you to do your own thing either, so emmigrating to them is not an acceptable alternative.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. One involves voluntary participation and one does not. Makes it completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]
A person can voluntarily renounce their US citizenship and voluntarily immigrate to another country that will take them. This has happen many times before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another country that has the exact same or worse deal as the U.S. Sorry, no dice, it's not voluntary. Not only can you go find a different message board if you don't like the rules, but you can even start your own. The day I can go off and start my own country is the day your comparison makes sense. AC isn't about not having rules, it's about not having rules forced upon you when you don't have the option to go elsewhere and do your own thing. No other country is allowing you to do your own thing either, so emmigrating to them is not an acceptable alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if AC worked, somewhere, sometime in history, some economy would have gone AC and it would have survived and thrived so you would have that option. Even if the markets arent as "free" as ACists would want, SOME economy would have been free enough to take baby steps and eventually get there.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:10 AM

Copy, you're back, what gives?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another country that has the exact same or worse deal as the U.S. Sorry, no dice, it's not voluntary.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you acknowledge the FACT a person can renounce his US citizenship voluntarily and immigrate to another country.....but since other countries suck more then the US...then being a US citizen is not voluntary? I don't follow your reasoning. One is independent of the other..
Old 05-12-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another country that has the exact same or worse deal as the U.S. Sorry, no dice, it's not voluntary.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you acknowledge the FACT a person can renounce his US citizenship voluntarily and immigrate to another country.....but since other countries suck more then the US...then being a US citizen is not voluntary? I don't follow your reasoning. One is independent of the other..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, maybe AC isn't for you Felix. I can't speak for others, but I am comfortable with that. What is your motivation for trying to force statism on others again? What are your arguments showing why statism is good and preferable to ACism? I would be interested in reading an OP from you on that topic.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are given the options of electrocution or lethal injection and you take lethal injection because it will be less painful, does that mean you're voluntarily accepting being killed?